PDA

View Full Version : Im taking the plunge!!!

westy79
03-25-2009, 07:11 AM
After a few days of taking in all the great advice from this forum i have enrolled into a beginner photography course at a local college. Im also taking the plunge and opting to buy a DSLR. Can anyone suggest a worthy entry level DSLR camera. I do want to take my photography up a notch and i think i need a camera with manual controls rather than my ixus 50. However do i go for a fair priced camera or the most expensive i can afford. Im worried if i spend too cheaply i will have to upgrade, but i cant go much over 500 inc a lens and memory card.

GoneTomorrow
03-25-2009, 07:19 AM
A Canon XS or XSi if you can get it for a good price.

gilly
03-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Well since you're talking I may be able to help! Keep an eye on prices through Camera Price Buster (http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat1.html) for all things UK based. Saves a lot of hunting around for a good price.

Looking on there you'll get a 1000D (Rebel XS) with 18-55 IS (348 from Tesco Direct), and that leaves room for a 50mm 1.8 prime (81 from Amazon), and that leaves 70 of your budget for memory cards and a good bag for it all. Perfect!