PDA

View Full Version : A weedy marriage

Rhys
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I've just had my 3rd invitation to photograph a pre-weeding honeymoon at Fredricksville Mansion. Thus far the first dubious individual hasn't sent his first rubber check to my PO Box. Shame. I want a rubber check to frame and hang on the wall as a trophy. It'll cost the scum in Lagos a bit of money to send it - which will warm the cockles of my heart no end.

I wonder why people want to take up gardening straight after their honeymoon. I'm also wondering what a "snaps hot" is too.

Hello,
My name is mandy bowen and My fiancee is Tiffany and we are getting married on march 21th,2009 at Ceresville Mansion Frederick, Maryland
I need a photographer who will come and snaps hot on that day and when i came across your advert i was impressed.
We will want you to work for at least 6 Hours at the occasion,we will pay the transportation charges to and from the party venue.At this moment,my wife and i we are in our Hawaii for our preweedding honeymoon and will try get in touch with you personally when we return. Let me know if you would be available for that date.
mandy bowen and Tiffany

More to the point... Does Hawaii permit marriages between women?

JMWallace
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
HA...I find it funny that the dude actually used almost the same exact horrible wording!

cdifoto
02-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I find it funny that Rhys starts a thread every time he gets a scam email.

timmciglobal
02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I bet it's just CDI trying to book all his dates up so they have to book with him instead!

The plot thickens!

Tim

Csae
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I bet it's just CDI trying to book all his dates up so they have to book with him instead!

The plot thickens!

Tim

+10 points for awesome twist. Actually made me laugh there.

Rhys
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Lol.

I can't believe these thickos in Nigeria actually spend their time believing bad grammar will get them anything. Nobody I know in business would ever refund a check before the original check had cleared.

cdifoto
02-22-2009, 08:18 PM

The plot thickens!

Tim

+10 points for awesome twist. Actually made me laugh there.
Crap. I've been caught out. :eek:

cdifoto
02-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Lol.

I can't believe these thickos in Nigeria actually spend their time believing bad grammar will get them anything. Nobody I know in business would ever refund a check before the original check had cleared.
I think they just target newbies for the most part. Ones that think, despite their lack of experience, they're going to get a big score of a gig. Excitement at the prospect of shooting a lavish affair duct tapes their logic node's mouth shut and ties it up in the basement.

Either that or my spam filter is better than yours.

Rhys
02-22-2009, 09:09 PM
What gets me is that I wasn't even advertising weddings on that advert. That was a senior portrait advert!

faisal
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
At a net cafe in India, as I stood behind my sister doing the on-line check in for our flight back, I noticed the guy next to us emailing those 'You have won a UK lottery' people with ALL his details that were requested....I was tempted to warn him but it was none of my business and I shouldn't have been peeking in the first place!!!

So scams do work....on the 'desperate want to make quick money' types or the ignorant.....

adam75south
02-23-2009, 07:32 AM
it's sad, they prey on people's hopes. and as i think we know one way or another, sometimes hope is stronger than logic.

Mark_48
02-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Isn't there a way in craigslist to post an ad so it can't be responded to by email? I thought I saw that somewhere on there. Any responses you want probably would be preferable by a telephone call, unless you don't want to post your phone number.

Was your ad the one that had Lexingtom misspelled?

Rhys
02-23-2009, 07:58 AM
Nope. My ads were all older. I see the one you're referring to. There's a race to the bottom on Craigslist at the moment with people advertising wedding photography for $399, $100, $75 and free. I'm avoiding that racket at the moment, targetting seniors.

Mark_48
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I'll bet you haven't tried posting an ad here (http://services.shop.ebay.com/items/Specialty-Services__wedding-photographer_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_fromfsbZQQ_sa catZ316QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em282) :D

Rhys
02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Actually I have considered that. The problem with ebay is it's too worldwide. I won't take work out of state. I fail to see why I should have to buy another state's business licence.

cdifoto
02-23-2009, 08:55 AM
I won't take work out of state.
In the meantime I'm being flown to Mexico, Jamaica, etc, treated like family, getting wasted with the bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and parents.

Rhys
02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
In the meantime I'm being flown to Mexico, Jamaica, etc, treated like family, getting wasted with the bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and parents.

That's fine. It suits you. I have my wife and like being with her as much as possible. I'd rather work locally than fly to some exotic location or other. An exotic location is not very interesting when I'm all on my own.

cdifoto
02-23-2009, 09:13 AM
That's fine. It suits you. I have my wife and like being with her as much as possible. I'd rather work locally than fly to some exotic location or other. An exotic location is not very interesting when I'm all on my own.
There's the difference. Bridesmaids keep me company. I'd probably hate it if I was married. :D

Rhys
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
There's the difference. Bridesmaids keep me company. I'd probably hate it if I was married. :D

When you start thinking with the head atop your shoulders, you'll probably do better business :D

D Thompson
02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
There's the difference. Bridesmaids keep me company. I'd probably hate it if I was married.

When you start thinking with the head atop your shoulders, you'll probably do better business :D

Ouch!!!!!!!!

cdifoto
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Ooooo good one! I'm still waiting on your flash seminars! Oh and web design too. Let me know when you start teaching that. :D

adam75south
02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
teach me how to get those weddings! i have one in mexico, but i completely retarded my way onto that one.

cdifoto
02-24-2009, 04:02 PM
teach me how to get those weddings! i have one in mexico, but i completely retarded my way onto that one.
I completely retarded into the ones I'm doing so far too. Maybe I was thinking with the head atop my shoulders and didn't realize it.

Besides, Mexico for you isn't a big deal. That's like me doing Maryland. It's just a short drive south. ;) :D