PDA

View Full Version : Nice Maxxum 7D Review, Jeff!

John_Reed
01-24-2005, 01:13 AM
And right on schedule! What a guy. I do think you and George go a little hard on the camera for its price, though. If you add in the cost of a set of stabilized lenses, or at least a stabilized telephoto lens to the price of a 20D or a D70, the Maxxum combination with the same focal length would be more than price-competitive, I'd bet.

ReF
01-24-2005, 02:42 AM
i like how ya find problems like the soft maxxum 7 images and the small aperture problem on the V3 and then give us a walk-around for them.

D70FAN
01-24-2005, 01:18 PM
And right on schedule! What a guy. I do think you and George go a little hard on the camera for its price, though. If you add in the cost of a set of stabilized lenses, or at least a stabilized telephoto lens to the price of a 20D or a D70, the Maxxum combination with the same focal length would be more than price-competitive, I'd bet.

Hey! I resemble that remark. ;) I don't remember being that hard on the 7D, as I have never tried one. Probably works just fine, as Jeff said.

From only reading Jeffs review, I think the real question is:

Is this camera with AS worth $1600? Without AS it certainy has it's share of shortcommings.

P.S. Jeff, I know you have probably heard this, but the Fuji S2 and S3 use AA's as well as the *istDS. I always used-to forget Fuji too.