PDA

View Full Version : prices, prices, prices

Camerajunkie
10-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm being hired to do a photoshoot for a lady who is throwing herself the birthday bash of her lifetime. Seriously. She's been saving for a year, having it catered, bringing in entertainment, etc.

She wants a shoot done in early Nov. so she can use a photo of her as the invitation cover. Then the party is the end of February and she's wanting pictures throughout the evening.

I need to send her a price list. I don't have a price list. I'm new at this and don't know how to come up with a price list, lol.

I was thinking of telling her that the photoshoot for her picture would be $100 for a 1 hour sitting fee with a $50 fee for a cd of 15-20 high res images that she can use to her discretion.

I've been told I should charge more than a normal sitting fee for the party, but I know her budget and want to give her several options and let her choose what she can afford. Right now, what she wants and what she wants to pay don't match up.

Her party will consist of cocktail hour, an hour for dinner, an hour-hour and a half for entertainment, and then drinks and dancing. We're looking at a significant time committment.

Any advice and does the price for the photoshoot sound decent?

jcon
10-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I normally charge $200 an hour, with a minimum of 2 hours. I rarely give out a disc with the printable images. Your cutting your own throat if you do that.. you want them to order prints from you, thats where the money is. IF I do sell a printable CD, its atleast $500, depending on the event and number of images.

Heres what I would do if I were you. $50-$75 for the early photo session. Then $150 per hour for the actual party. Tell her you will work with her on a deal if she will order the prints from you. If not, stand firm in your pricing. If you dont know what to charge for prints, PM me your email and I will send you my studios price list for prints.