PDA

View Full Version : D50 to D90

steelersfanincal
10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a D50 now and love it:).... But is it worth getting rid of for the new D90?:confused:

Visual Reality
10-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, but it depends on what you need.

That's a pretty empty question.

XaiLo
10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
In terms of feature sets the answer would be yes. The bigger question is what will the D90 do that you cannot accomplish with the D50. And if there is a requirement(s) that the D90 can fill is it then worth the monetary difference? Answer those questions and you could very well be on your way to a new D90 or some extra money to fulfill another NAS asset! hth

fionndruinne
10-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Uh... a screaming yes?

K1W1
10-15-2008, 06:32 PM
A D50 is not going to be worth very much so why "get rid of it"?

I think the age of conspicuous consumerism has ended at least temporarily with the goings on on Wall St so really the questions that you need to answer now are;

Is my current camera faulty or unreliable?
Is my current camera unable to produce the images that I want because of limitations in the camera?
Can I afford to upgrade in the light of the current uncertain economic climate?

XaiLo
10-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Climate! No we can't add to global warming! It's time to invent a global refrigerator! :D

steelersfanincal
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
The d50 does what I like, But would like the extra megapixals and the frames per sec. The other features that the 90 has I'm not to sure of? can't find a place to compare the 50 to the 90.

fionndruinne
10-17-2008, 03:25 PM
That's because they're not close in their intended usage. They're very different. I would recommend you do some serious research before ponying up any cash, or just continue with what you've got until you know you need something different.

jcon
10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
The d50 does what I like, But would like the extra megapixals and the frames per sec. The other features that the 90 has I'm not to sure of? can't find a place to compare the 50 to the 90.

Why? What would more megapixels gain YOU? Do crop the hell out of your pictures? I can understand wanting more FPS, but megapixels and FPS arent reasons for upgrading when you yourself say, you are pleased with your current camera.

I wont tell you how to spend your money, but look at it this way, what can you do with a D90 that you cant do with a D50? If you struggle to find an answer, then there is no reason to upgrade.

Theres really no reason to compare the 2 bodies side-by-side, as the D90 would blow it away now but that doesnt mean you need to upgrade if youre happy. The D50 is a wonderful camera!

SVTGolfer
10-18-2008, 02:37 PM
I upgraded from a D50 - and I can tell the D-Lighting in the D90 is awesome. Indoor and low light pics are much better - and easier because you have the ability to control the flash/lighting much more which is one thing the d50 lacked. As far as speed goes - yes the d90 is much quicker. But I have found in if I take pics with the d50 in auto mode and then take the same picture with the D90 in Auto mode...... the D90 takes a sharper more stunning image straight from the camera with no editing.
It does take some getting used the menus and submenus with the D90 - it is much more advanced. The LCD display size and sharpness far surpasses the D50. I always liked my D50 - but I am happy I upgraded. I have to disagree with the above post that said the d50 is not worth anything - Good used bodies/kits are still bringing decent money on ebay.