PDA

View Full Version : First Time User

Tanya McMahan
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
I am a very first time user and I have a big event to shoot tomorrow. I am having trouble setting the desplay panel back to "normal" setting. For the life of me I can't find the button that controls that section. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Actaeon
10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
What camera do you have? What do you currently see and what are you trying to get it back to?

Is this when reviewing a picture or looking at the current set of settings for taking a picture?

Jonathan

Tanya McMahan
10-04-2008, 06:18 PM
I have a Nikon D80. I've read the directions but I am missing how to change the control panel items
And I am just trying to set up my camera, I'm not taking pictures yet

XaiLo
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
what specific settings are you trying to change? And have you used an SLR before?

K1W1
10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
To change the control panel you push the button marked menu on the back then use the 4 way controller to scroll up or down or left and right (to select items).

zqfmbg
10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Also: if you have a big event to shoot tomorrow, and if you haven't started taking pictures yet, you really really should get on it. If you want to use it as a point-and-shoot, you're probably okay, but if you are a "very first time" user and you want to move past that, I don't think one night is enough to cover everything. :(

jcon
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Im with the last poster... a "big event" tomorrow, and you havent even taken pictures with the D80 yet?!?!?! Thats asking for trouble!

Anyhow, welcome to the forums and good luck!