PDA

View Full Version : Moving country...to Hungary!!

herc182
10-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Well I have been really busy at work recently and not really enjoying it a huge amount so I asked for a new challenge. That came in the form of a 6 month placement in Budapest, Hungary!!!

Obviously I am looking forward to it since Hungary borders 7 countries...so the photo opportunity is limitless (well limited by my weekends and holidays!).

I got out on the 10th October then am visiting Prague the week after (for a tunnelling conference :rolleyes:).

If anyone is ever in the vicinity just let me know (via PM) and we could meet up.

Anyway, if anyone can recommend good places to visit for photos (particularly in Hungary) or generally nice places to visit, let me know.

Expect some photos of central Europe :D

Rooz
10-02-2008, 06:28 AM
oh great. prague, budapest etc. like we have a hope in hell of matching your landscape shots now asshole ! :D:D:D

seriously though, congrats mate. am very much looking forward to what you post in the next 6 months ! yes...expectations are high and the pressure is on ! lol :D

herc182
10-02-2008, 06:46 AM
:D

Thanks Rooz... Will hopefully get back into the spirit of taking photos.

Was thinking of using my 35mm as the standard lens based on your reviews!

Turo
10-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow congrats! I have never been to central Europe, but I am sure I will be taking a 'virtual tour' once you start posting some shots!

Camerajunkie
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I am so flippin' jealous. I'm begging my H to send me on a photo class in Turkey. He won't let me go unless he can go with. *Sigh*

Can't wait to see the pictures. I'd LOVE to do 6 months overseas.

herc182
10-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I am so flippin' jealous. I'm begging my H to send me on a photo class in Turkey. He won't let me go unless he can go with. *Sigh*

Can't wait to see the pictures. I'd LOVE to do 6 months overseas.

Well as much as I am looking forward to it there is also the reality that they speak a bloody difficult language and I dont know anyone over there.

An example:

Help = segítség

This in my book is an important word. However, i think if i am waving my arms and pointing at my throat someone will understand I have swallowed a lens cap.

Anyway, I guess at least you can take photos on your own!

lorilu
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Be sure to take some beautiful photos of the landscapes so I can use them in my central Europe unit I will teach this winter to 12 year-olds!

stanj
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
All of Central and Eastern Europe offer great opportunities because they are little known outside of Europe and because they are so beautiful and interesting.
I moved from California to St Petersburg Russia, 5 years ago and just bought my first serious camera last week while I am in the US visiting famly. It ought to be a crime not to have a quality camera in such a city.
Budapest is a wonderful city. Living in St Petersburg is great not only because of the unique culture and beauty but it is only 3 hours from anywhere in Europe. A weekend in Paris or Milan is a perfectly reasonable proposal regardless of budget from where you will be.
If you speak only English, you will be pleasantly surprised how many people, most young people, know enough English to allow you get by very nicely. The education level of all the ex-Soviet block countries is really high compared to North America or westen Europe. You will find lots of people who want to practice their English. St Petersburg and Budapest have the well deserved reputation for also having the most stunning ladies of anywhere on earth. That is reason enough to go for 6+ months.

herc182
10-06-2008, 04:44 AM
St Petersburg and Budapest have the well deserved reputation for also having the most stunning ladies of anywhere on earth. That is reason enough to go for 6+ months.

the rest of your post was really nice and thank you for letting me know. However, i have printed this bit out :D

Dread Pirate Roberts
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
the rest of your post was really nice and thank you for letting me know. However, i have printed this bit out :D

Sounds like a 2 lens relocation a really wide angle for landscapes and a good portrait lens:D

Congrats on the change of scenery and hope it makes for more interesting work too.