PDA

View Full Version : Remember the wedding I spazzed over?

Camerajunkie
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, I've gotten some of the pictures gone through and posted online. I took WAY too many. Part of being uncomfortable with what I was doing and it being relatives, lol.

I thought I'd share my SmugMug though so you all can see what I have up so far.

SunshinePhotosSmugMug (http://sunshine-photos.smugmug.com/gallery/5755855_7TGtU#355811527_poSmC)

Classic96
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Your link has too many "http"s in it.. but the photos on that site are actually pretty nice! The ones on the hill especially. I'm not a huge fan of the harsh white vignette, but the composition is pretty good :)

eddie_dane
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
linkie no workie for me

I'm curious too because I have a wedding to shoot this weekend

Aldor88
09-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Fixed the link for you Camerajukie , this one should work.
http://sunshine-photos.smugmug.com/Weddings

Some very nice pictures in there :).

josef
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah you have to look at the address and take out an "http" for the link to work..

anyways.. you've got some really Great shots.. I'm still too terrified to take on Wedding stuff.. makes me stress just thinking about it. :rolleyes: Seriously though, congrats on a huge learning experience.. I'm glad everything turned out well.

Great location you were able to shoot at.. i live in South Louisiana and we don't know what hills are around here.. just swamps and cane fields.. lol..

Camerajunkie
09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
OKay, I fixed the linky. Sorry!

Thanks for the comments.

Rooz
09-11-2008, 06:19 AM
really nice series of photos Jenn. I really like #23 and the variations of that shot. great eye for seeing it. well done and congrats. :)

rawpaw18
09-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Jen,

Really nice work, did a very nice job when the bride was backlit, Some of the golf course ones are very CW ish. Thats a compliment if your never on the Canon forum.

TheWengler
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
These came out very nice. I did some wedding shooting a couple weeks ago. I got caught in some harsh, middle of the day sunshine.

toriaj
09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
You have some great shots there, I would be very pleased if I were you! I really like the way you used the backlighting with her veil in #17. I love #28 and especially #38. You rarely see "landscape" wedding photos, and I think it really works.

I like the picture of the hands/rings/flowers by far in the original color version. I'm never a fan of selective coloring by graying out the skin tones -- sometimes I think it works with eyes, but in general, if the skin is B&W, I think the whole thing should be B&W. Otherwise I think the person just looks sick. Could be a personal taste thing though. And I'm not a fan of the "misty oval," but I can see how some clients might like it :eek::D

jcon
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Very well done, CJ, you should feel proud. If I may, though, offer a few "suggestions", some of the skin tones look a little on the red side, not all though, but I did notice it in some.. that may be from the dropping sun though. Also, When the Bride was walking the aisle with her father, I noticed you were behind taking the photos, This may sound harsh, but please dont take it that way... next time, try to be in front, so they are walking towards you, not away. Im not very eloquent with words, so pelase dont take this as harsh, its NOT intended that way at all and you did an EXCELLENT job!

Thank you for sharing!

aparmley
09-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree with Rooz, 23 or 50 would make a kick ass gallery wrap print! How did the couple like the photos. I think you did a pretty good job seeing as this is your first.

Next time I'd work on picking up a hot shoe flash and working on filling in the opposite side of the sun for the out door photos; specifically to even out the exposure on images like 48 and 51.

Camerajunkie
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the comments. There was a lot going on and being inexperienced, I forgot quite a few things I wanted to do, lol.

JCON, I couldn't be in front so much without blocking the groom's view as they were married at the edge of a steep hill. The during the ceremony shots aren't as good as I want them to be because of that. It was a cramped space for the ceremony and there was no real place for me to stand.

Aparm, I did have a hotshoe flash but I hadn't practiced the fill flash photography. I can see where it would have SO helped. Once again, one of those things I didn't think of because I am inexperienced. I was glad to have a family wedding to "practice" on. And the shots that I got were better than what they would have had if someone else had offered to take a few snapshots.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I appreciate it a lot. I'm still editing (because I'm slow) and I'm trying different things to see what works. So far I haven't heard much feedback from the bride but the feedback I've gotten from everyone else has been very nice. :)

aparmley
09-15-2008, 04:49 AM
No worries.

This is where shooting the flash in manual is your friend. You control power until you get the fill close, then you adjust the distance to the subject to fine tune it. I'd try underexposing the back ground (this will help your hot shoe reach the power level need to balance) a little, this will then make the sun your hair/rim light instead of the main. It'll look much nicer.

mugsisme
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I think you did a fantastic job. Some of your shots showed a lot of creativity. I also think that you can never take too many pictures! You should be very proud of what you did. I bet they are very happy.