PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you seen this?

Camerajunkie
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Photowalk.... Looks kinda cool.

http://www.photoshopuser.com/photowalk/faq.html

K1W1
08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
We have done a couple through our local Flickr group. It's a good way to actually meet people you would normally only know online.
If you are on Flickr see if there is a group based in your area or start one if there isn't then when you get some members propose a walk somewhere local one weekend afternoon or on an evening.
The Wellington (NZ) Flickr group seem to have this stuff down pat with regular walks and group meets at bars.

BTW: I do realise that you are referring to a specific event but there is no reason to just wait for events like that to do a walk.

Camerajunkie
08-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm going to crash it, lol. My town is booked up but they can't stop me from following them around, lol. That, and I think it would be more fun to take pictures of the photographers. :D

K1W1
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
That, and I think it would be more fun to take pictures of the photographers. :D

I've got a whole section on my Flickr site of photos of the pro Photographers at sporting events. They make fun subjects as they casually bang their $10,000 lens on the ground. :)

Camerajunkie
08-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Where would your FLICKr be, K1W1? I don't see it linked in your siggy.

Fiasco
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I saw this, and watched Scott Kelby talking about it, but... I had to decide between doing the photowalk, or shooting a bunch of models on a sailboat on that same day... you can probably guess where I'll be...

K1W1
08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
I saw this, and watched Scott Kelby talking about it, but... I had to decide between doing the photowalk, or shooting a bunch of models on a sailboat on that same day... you can probably guess where I'll be...

Can I take your place on the sailboat then? Is the job still open? :D