PDA

View Full Version : What lens, What Camera?

ColColt
07-21-2008, 04:06 AM
I saw this on a computer forum I go to and feel for this guy as I think he got took. The lens he shows/bought won't fit his D40X even though it was sold to him as a Nikkor lens. Look at his photos and see what you think. Looks like an old tele from the late '70's to me and should fit any Nikon IF it was made by them.

http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/index.php?showtopic=32777&pid=122203&st=0&#entry122203

Rooz
07-21-2008, 04:55 AM
definately not a nikkor.
it would help if the guy provided the link to the auction he won cos surely there will be more info there.

ColColt
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I haven't been able to reach him but, I think he knows he got took. I don't do ebay personally. I'd rather bite the bullet and get my goodies from B&H or locally and pay more with no headaches.

K1W1
07-21-2008, 06:45 PM
If he took the filter off the front he would probably be able to read the details that are usually around the outside front of the glass. Whilst in one sense it seems like he was taken in another I suspect it's a case of buying without doing basic research in which case the blame if any would largely be on his shoulders. Either way I suspect that there is not a huge amount of dollars involved.

ColColt
07-22-2008, 03:55 AM
The filter shouldn't have blocked any etchings that might be on the front of the lens as Nikon likes to display their name, focal length, etc. in bold whiite letters usually. There had to be some other name other than "Starbllitz" on that lens. I gave him more credit than to have bought a lens without asking some questions from the seller. I think he may have purchased a fancy tack driver.

Beowulff
07-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Classic personal rationale of why I never buy off eBay and never will.

:(