PDA

View Full Version : 'New posts' icons

kgosden
07-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Jeff, I am also never seeing the status of the 'new posts' icons updating after I view all the available posts on a given board. I am not using the back button in my browser. I start on the oldest new thread and use the next thread link at the bottom until all the threads on a board are exhausted. I then select the Forums Index (I think that was the name) on the drop down to get back to all the boards. When I am there all the boards have not updated to show that I have viewed them. They will update if I log out and log back in.

Jeff Keller
07-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Jeff, I am also never seeing the status of the 'new posts' icons updating after I view all the available posts on a given board. I am not using the back button in my browser. I start on the oldest new thread and use the next thread link at the bottom until all the threads on a board are exhausted. I then select the Forums Index (I think that was the name) on the drop down to get back to all the boards. When I am there all the boards have not updated to show that I have viewed them. They will update if I log out and log back in.

Maybe a browser caching issue? Anybody else? This software is widely used so I'd imagine that feature works okay.

Skics
07-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Seems to be working fine on my end.

Nick
07-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Works fine with Mozilla Firefox.

kgosden
07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I have it set to compare page to cache everytime a page is viewed. I am going to turn off pre-fetching of links and see if that helps.

Jake Conner
07-05-2004, 11:42 AM
It's being very erratic in IE/Mac 5.2.3, making errors in both directions.

Nick
07-05-2004, 11:49 AM
IE...http://www.spammers-paradise.com/forums/html//emoticons/shifty.gif

No wonder! I highly recommend a browser switch.

Jake Conner
07-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Doesn't seem to work properly in FireFox, either.

Nick
07-05-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure why that is for you. I run the lastest version of Firefox, and new post icons gain colour fine on/off. :confused: