PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Joint Shoot, Ssil200 & Dread Pirate

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Another great joint shoot in Adelaide with Ssil2000.

This time we went for waterfalls and animals at "Waterfall Gully". We arrived at 7am ready for a glorious sunrise that never happened and instead made polite conversation for an hour whilst sitting in the rain:(

Eventually the rain let up and we could get the cameras out for a workout. I think Ssil got the better of the shots but I'm pretty happy with my own results.

As an aside I think Ssil chose his tripod more wisely than me, the 190XProB he has is high enough and sturdy enough for the job. My 055XProB is just a tad heavier and higher than is required. Oh well hindsight is 20/20!

As before I had a great time (a few good laughs) and learnt a lot from hanging with a fellow photographer. I'd recommend joint shoots to others.

Here's my best from this morning:

Rooz
07-12-2008, 02:29 AM
very nice shots. loving #2 and #5.

great job !

ssil2000
07-12-2008, 02:30 AM
the rain aside, it was a great day and I am buggered!

here are the ones i was happy with today, we were so lucky to find a few koalas 1 of which was close enough to touch!

thanks DCR, really enjoyed the day and look forward to the next shoot!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
#5 's a straight copy of Sergios shot so I can't claim any credit. He picked the composition, apperture etc. His looked heaps better on the LCD, I hope his still looks better on screen or my life won't be worth living:D

Edit. Ha we cross posted, now that I can see yours I reckon you got the better on the falls Ssil.

What about the botanic gardens for the next joint shoot when the weather warms up a bit?

Rooz
07-12-2008, 02:56 AM
great shots sergio, the koala ones are great.
is that a wild koala ? you guys are blessed !

K1W1
07-12-2008, 03:10 AM
is that a wild koala ?

When was the last time you saw a tame one? :D

Great shots guys. Looks like terrific fun with some excellent results.

ssil2000
07-12-2008, 06:59 AM
yea koalas were in the wild, that actually made it very special :)

thanks for the comments!

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Rooz if you want to find a wild Koala get out of the zoo, put down the nappies and take a bushwalk, preferably along a creek. Look in the eucalyptus trees for a "patch of grey" amongst the scraggy grey trees. On close inspection that dark patch could be either a birdnest or a koala.

At least around here in SA there's heaps of koalas. Without aborigines or dingoes anymore eating them they're a real pest to the vegetation. The government can't keep the numbers down because culling koalas would send the wrong message to the tourists.

Ssil and I walked about a mile in a valley we knew had heaps of koalas and we saw 4 without trying very hard. One was as Ssil allready said at arms reach. They were posing for us, scratching and active. I thinks its koala mating season.

Rooz
07-13-2008, 04:30 AM
walk ? pfftttt please man.
thats a cracking shot btw.

toriaj
07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
DPR, I like your #2, and Ssil, great #5, looks like you guys had fun.

e_dawg
07-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow. Some nice shots. Awesome Koalas... remind me of Pandas for some reason.

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-15-2008, 01:33 AM
I dont know why everyone loves pandas so much but our zoo's getting some in 2009 so I guess I'll find out:)

Being honest here I don't know why everyone loves koalas so much either.