PDA

View Full Version : Capture NX 2 Question

icsam
07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
does anyone here use it and how is it compared to adobe? thanks.

K1W1
07-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Adobe what? Lightroom or Photoshop or Elements?

I use Lightroom and it can't be beaten for workflow and it produces generally very acceptable results with plenty of user automation ability.
If you want to get arty then Photoshop is the king of the heap bar none.
If you want simple then Elements.
If you want the best Nikon colour reproduction with a somewhat clunky interface and slightly flakey software then NX2 is the way to go.

You can download a fully functioning 60 day trial version of NX2 from Nikon so if you are interested download it and see how it goes for you.

XaiLo
07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Sometimes it's just hard to improve upon perfection, what he said!
It doesn't :p

Lightroom 2.0 is a little beast Luvin it. But as has been said it depends on what you want. I've given capture NX a couple of tries along with a few other Raw processors including DxO my conclusion is depending on the image some preform better than others. To get the job done and over with Lightroom hands down. If you want to express the creativity deep within then Photoshop is the App.

CNX/2: Upoints and rendition do the job if you can handle the implementation, which imo just plain sucks :p

josef
07-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Adobe what? Lightroom or Photoshop or Elements?

I use Lightroom and it can't be beaten for workflow and it produces generally very acceptable results with plenty of user automation ability.
If you want to get arty then Photoshop is the king of the heap bar none.
If you want simple then Elements.
If you want the best Nikon colour reproduction with a somewhat clunky interface and slightly flakey software then NX2 is the way to go.

You can download a fully functioning 60 day trial version of NX2 from Nikon so if you are interested download it and see how it goes for you.

very well said. i have used them all and this is a perfect description of their uses..

i'd like to add if you've never really used anything else, NX2 may work for you as you wouldn't be used to how Adobe does things.. It probably works fine once you get the hang of it.. but I currently use Adobe Lightroom and love it..

Rooz
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
NX produces the best results of any software bar none ***purely*** based on IQ. the downside is that its slow and unstable unless you have a very powerful PC.

personally, i find it easier and quicker to use than any other software.

as kiwi said, best idea is to download the trial, watch the video tutorials and give it some time to learn. once you learn a few simple things like U-points, its pretty simple if not "pretty" to look at.

icsam
07-09-2008, 04:58 PM
misinterpreted, sorry. i have version 1 and thought you needed an unlock code for version 2 trial to work. i am as green as they come when it comes to this dslr and software thing so please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding. i have it figured out now, downloaded and purchased version 2 so all is well.

icsam
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
see post 6,

i think that'll clear the air. oce again, my apologies for any misunderstandings.

K1W1
07-09-2008, 09:13 PM
i have it figured out now, downloaded and purchased version 2 so all is well.

Sorry for jumping on you so quickly but being involved in IT software piracy is one of my pet hates.
I'm glad everything is resolved so now you have to show us some examples of your photography.

I have deleted the original post as it's no longer relevant.

icsam
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
pics will come soon, i am a newbie so i think i need alot of practice first.

icsam
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Sorry for jumping on you so quickly but being involved in IT software piracy is one of my pet hates.
I'm glad everything is resolved so now you have to show us some examples of your photography.

I have deleted the original post as it's no longer relevant.

no problems k1w1, i guess i should have clarified what i was trying to get across.

p.s i love these forums, a few days and i have learned alot from all of you guys :D