PDA

View Full Version : Should Rooz be excommunicated?

K1W1
07-08-2008, 03:47 AM
In case you didn't catch it this was posted in another thread in this the Nikon DSLR section of the forum

my vote goes to the xsi

The Pope will be in Rooz's home town later this week so I think it's time to sort this out once and for all.

So, should Rooz be excommunicated from this group?

Visual Reality
07-08-2008, 04:01 AM
In case you didn't cath the dozen or so others...this isn't the first time Rooz has recommended the XSi. ;)

I'd still vote teason...err I think you meant treason.

Rooz
07-08-2008, 04:02 AM
lmfaooooo
i'll book a place in the front row. :D

herc182
07-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Son of a b*tch...

Jeff? Jeff? can you bar him from this forum from now on...pick and XSi indeed...

XaiLo
07-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Burn Baby Burn:D lmao

It won't be the same without him though, no more animal kingdom. :p

rawpaw18
07-08-2008, 04:27 AM
He has a couple of good points, I'm just at a loss to come up with any right now.

K1W1
07-08-2008, 04:50 AM
lmfaooooo
i'll book a place in the front row. :D

You will be the front row! :D

e_dawg
07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Meh, the XSi has little direct competition now, so why not? If the D90 was here, do you think he would have mentioned the XSi? At least the XSi is the first Rebel I'd feel comfortable recommending to a friend.

herc182
07-08-2008, 09:04 AM
I dont think the D90 is a comparison with the XSi anyway. IMO thats the D60.

e_dawg
07-08-2008, 09:14 AM
The D60 isn't in the same league as the XSi... the D60 is entry level and would compete against the XS.

herc182
07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
hang on I am getting confused...what is the XSI? is that the 450D?

XS = 1000D?

JTL
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
hang on I am getting confused...what is the XSI? is that the 450D?

XS = 1000D?The Canon XSi has no direct competitor from Nikon and is an excellent machine in every regrad. Just as Canon has no answer currently for the D700 (sorry, the 5D isn't even in the same league). The companies have been smart to tier their products differently enough as to make such arguments silly at best...

herc182
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
fair point...

I was going to say the D60 is below Xsi and D80 above that.

Crafty buggers :)

LR Max
07-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Na. Let him stay. He is like your crazy uncle, doesn't always say what you want to hear but he is around so much we can't just cut him loose.

Also his explanations are REALLY long...and I don't have the attention span to read it. He doesn't get to me :D

Rooz
07-09-2008, 06:42 AM
http://domn.sopca.com/files/No_Soup_For_You.png

herc182
07-09-2008, 06:47 AM
^ LOL

Sticks and stones...

K1W1
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
At the moment it's 11 to go and eight to stay so I think it's about time he took his quality Nikon equipment down to the fairy shop to see about a trade in. :D

Rooz
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
lol looks like its the 5dMkII for me huh ?
apparently it has a low voltage CMOS sensor with NO NOISE !!!
avalable in both silver and black of course...

K1W1
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Silver will be a good colour for a Canon fairy in Sydney. It will match your wings at Mardi Gras. :D

herc182
07-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Silver will be a good colour for a Canon fairy in Sydney. It will match your wings at Mardi Gras. :D

LMAO...Do you have a nice rack Rooz?

XaiLo
07-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Is this Rooz guy gone yet? :p down with the heathen. :D

Rooz
07-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Is this Rooz guy gone yet? :p down with the heathen. :D

heathen you say ?!?!?!?!?!?

i would suggest you look thru the full feature sets of both cameras and see what features the d300 has over the 40d first. then i would hold them both in my hands to make sure you are comfortable with both. then, have a good think cos the only person who can tell if the d300 is worth the extra money is you.

here's another idea for ya...if you're an amateur and just do it as a hobby, then why not get an xsi.

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0055.gif

LR Max
07-10-2008, 10:51 AM
If he does go down, I claim dibs on his 1.7x TE and his 50mm f/1.4

The rest of you can fight for the rest of it

:D

FLiPMaRC
07-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Rooz has some good points :p :D

JTL
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
You distinguished members of the Council of Darkness really need to re-think your position on Roozy. Even though he (rightfully in my mind) committed a "sacrilege", he has been my guide to the dark side...

So, while he may have given advice to someone contrary to the laws of the Dark Universe...he did lead me to the Dark Universe...

The Council of Darkness has a lot to consider here...and may be too quick to render judgement. ;):D

K1W1
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
You distinguished members of the Council of Darkness really need to re-think your position on Roozy.

Roozy?
That another silver camera body owning fairy speaking for sure. :D

Well "Roozy" I guess your friends have sealed your fate..

XaiLo
07-11-2008, 06:25 AM
heathen you say ?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0055.gif

OK, heathen -2EV
http://www.designsbyxailo.com/thepics/2008/07_jul/suplaya.gif

Rooz
07-11-2008, 07:01 AM
You distinguished members of the Council of Darkness really need to re-think your position on Roozy. Even though he (rightfully in my mind) committed a "sacrilege", he has been my guide to the dark side...

So, while he may have given advice to someone contrary to the laws of the Dark Universe...he did lead me to the Dark Universe...

The Council of Darkness has a lot to consider here...and may be too quick to render judgement. ;):D

the force is strong in you young jedi...
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0040.gif

K1W1
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
15 for throwing him out
10 for him to stay

It looks like the help from Rozzy's friend has served to widen the gap against him.
I guess that is what friends are for. :D:D

bobc4d
07-11-2008, 07:49 PM
drawn and quartered maybe, but excommunicated nah that would be too harsh

JTL
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
15 for throwing him out
10 for him to stay

It looks like the help from Rozzy's friend has served to widen the gap against him.
I guess that is what friends are for. :D:DI am sorry my dear fellow, but your math is as ridiculously FLAWED as your fallacious poll! No individual item has MORE votes than the 10 for "Maybe he has some good points. Let him stay if he promises to be nice"...so, that my friend is the winning choice so far by any objective measure of proper voting procedure....:D:p:p:p:D

Believe me...I have no stake in this...but I can't stand dishonest political manipulation of votes...if we can't have an honest vote in the USA, we should at least be allowed to have one here! Good day to you, sir! :p:D:p

K1W1
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
..so, that my friend is the winning choice so far by any objective measure of proper voting procedure....

My vote my rules and by my rules he is so far out that it's not funny. By his own admission he's thinking of a silver bodied camera. If that's not out what is?

BTW: This is an Australian poll being run under electoral rules previously used in Queensland by the late Sir Joh Bjelke Peterson. Under those rules Rooz cannot win, it's impossible and he is out. :D

Visual Reality
07-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Rooz knows his schit...plain and simple...

The only one who knows whether what a camera has to offer is worth it, is you. You have to see the individual aspects of the equipment and make the call on whether it will help you over what you currently are using. For example I can clearly see each aspect of the D300 and how many things it offers can truly help my both my pictures and my ease of use. I even went as far as making a spreadsheet and put both cameras side by side, with each feature I use most and how the D300 does it better. If I knew I'd just be throwing money around and not truly getting something that will help me, I wouldn't buy it. It's those kinds of decisions you need to make when considering such expensive gear.

If that means considering an XSi over a Nikon, then so be it...I'm not brand loyal, and no one should be.

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-12-2008, 02:20 AM
My vote my rules and by my rules he is so far out that it's not funny. By his own admission he's thinking of a silver bodied camera. If that's not out what is?

BTW: This is an Australian poll being run under electoral rules previously used in Queensland by the late Sir Joh Bjelke Peterson. Under those rules Rooz cannot win, it's impossible and he is out. :D

LOL K1W1, on an international forum I don't know how many people got the ausie joke but I enjoyed it at least. Helped along by profuse quantities of port but thanks for the laugh nevertheless.

K1W1
07-12-2008, 03:04 AM
LOL K1W1, on an international forum I don't know how many people got the ausie joke but I enjoyed it at least. Helped along by profuse quantities of port but thanks for the laugh nevertheless.

Which one out or Joh? :D

Besides why should all humour be brought down to the level even an American can understand. We have to keep the standards up you know. :D:D

rawpaw18
07-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Besides why should all humour be brought down to the level even an American can understand. We have to keep the standards up you know. :D:D

Dems fightin' words there. You're old enough I think I could take ya.:rolleyes:

K1W1
07-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Just bring that 70-200VR with you when you come for the stoush. :)

JTL
07-12-2008, 07:40 AM
BTW: This is an Australian poll being run under electoral rules previously used in Queensland by the late Sir Joh Bjelke Peterson. Under those rules Rooz cannot win, it's impossible and he is out. :DWell, then it seems that the USA and Oz do have something in common (besides the fact that you think you speak english). :p:D:p
By his own admission he's thinking of a silver bodied camera. If that's not out what is?Hmmm...you do have a point there.....;)

D70FAN
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Kalifornicus say...

Tollerance and diversity...:cool:

Rooz must have a place in the universe. Just thought I would drop in and stir the pot.:D

tekriter
07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Rooz knows his schit...plain and simple...

The only one who knows whether what a camera has to offer is worth it, is you. You have to see the individual aspects of the equipment and make the call on whether it will help you over what you currently are using. For example I can clearly see each aspect of the D300 and how many things it offers can truly help my both my pictures and my ease of use. I even went as far as making a spreadsheet and put both cameras side by side, with each feature I use most and how the D300 does it better. If I knew I'd just be throwing money around and not truly getting something that will help me, I wouldn't buy it. It's those kinds of decisions you need to make when considering such expensive gear.

If that means considering an XSi over a Nikon, then so be it...I'm not brand loyal, and no one should be.

This is the kind of sensible, logical, and well-written post that has NO PLACE in this thread...

:p;):eek::D

JTL
07-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Just thought I would drop in and stir the pot.:DI was just wondering where you've been a day or so a ago, and hoping that you were o.k....:)

mugsisme
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Rooz, once you are excommunicated from here, if I buy you a nice purty little Canon XSI, can I have your yucky old Nikon D300??? No one seems to have claimed it yet.

BTW, I voted to let you stay. :D

Rooz
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
woohooo...another stay vote !!
stick that in your pipe and smoke it Rich ! lmao

D70FAN
07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
woohooo...another stay vote !!
stick that in your pipe and smoke it Rich ! lmao

The Tokina signature got my vote.:D

D70FAN
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering where you've been a day or so a ago, and hoping that you were o.k....:)

Just sold the D80 and went back to the D70. I love that old workhorse and the D80 just never really liked my Sigmas...

Looking at the D700 toward the end of the year.

LittleJazz
07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Aw Come on guys. If he goes, who will you pick on then????

Max

K1W1
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Aw Come on guys. If he goes, who will you pick on then????

Max

Well it's not if but when.

Voting has closed and the punters have spoken loud and clear. Eighteen people want him out and all he could muster were a mere eleven "friends" (who probably all own fairy silver cameras with white lenses anyway) who were prepared to support him.

If anybody is interested in buying quality camera equipment at discount prices I suggest that you keep an eye on ebay for some bargains emanating from Sydney.

XaiLo
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Voting has closed and the punters have spoken loud and clear. Eighteen people want him out and all he could muster were a mere eleven "friends" (who probably all own fairy silver cameras with white lenses anyway) who were prepared to support him.

If anybody is interested in buying quality camera equipment at discount prices I suggest that you keep an eye on ebay for some bargains emanating from Sydney.

What no Western Union? :p

FLiPMaRC
07-16-2008, 09:27 AM

My fairy camera is black :mad: :rolleyes:

:p :p :p :D :D