PDA

View Full Version : weekend away in wonde country :)

ssil2000
07-06-2008, 02:35 AM
hi guys,

had a weekend away, i am starting to work through the photos, here are a couple i took today i was at maggie beers (some of the aussies may recognise the name)

C&C encouraged!

Sergio

Rooz
07-06-2008, 03:22 AM
not feeling the first 3 sergio. there isnt enuf going on imo to carry the images. nice for you to remember the beautiful view though.

i like the idea with the coffee cup, i think it may have worked better if you put the cup on the top railing as opposed to the table.

loving the last shot. brilliant use of dof and i love the angle you used there with the knife leading you in. excllent background choice with the wine giving it a real oppulant feeling. i feel like eating something sweet now lol. nice work.

ssil2000
07-06-2008, 04:04 AM
yea.. i wanted to put it on the railing except it was blowing a gale and i am pretty sure my coffee would of ended up in the lake!

excuse my title, i didnt proof it, typed too quickly.. supposed to be "wine country" lol

i have learned a few things from this trip, fist off i need a wider prime, i think the 35 may be calling my name, the other thing is i learned that auto ISO is your friend! forgetting to turn down your ISO when changing scenes wrecks photos... also letting your mrs drive is bad news! missed one of the best sunsets i have ever seen!

Rooz
07-06-2008, 04:22 AM
35 f2 = The Jordan Lens.

rawpaw18
07-06-2008, 05:56 AM
The last shot is definitely my fave of the set, fantastic!

Camerajunkie
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I was going to say that about the last shot. Awesome stuff there.

herc182
07-06-2008, 02:44 PM
last shot is the best and like Rooz said there isnt enough in the first three to make them special shots. A lack of foreground...
Also, they look at touch soft..maybe a little sharpening?

JTL
07-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Love the last shot! Can you please give then lenses used and EXIF info for the lavender shots and the last shot? Thanks!

Dread Pirate Roberts
07-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Nice Sergio, hope you enjoyed the trip. I like the 1st lavender and obviously the cheese platter too?

Look forward to seeing some more assuming you were still stable enough to release the shutter for the rest of the weekend:D

My folks drove last week when I was out there and didn't stop for the fields of yellow soursobs between the rows of vines, did you manage one like that?

ssil2000
07-09-2008, 04:46 AM
thanks everyone, i agree the first three shots dont offer much, i think i was just really happy that i got the exposure right... :)

Love the last shot! Can you please give then lenses used and EXIF info for the lavender shots and the last shot? Thanks!

lavender shots

50mm1.8 @ f4
iso400
1/500 sec

the last shot

50mm1.8 @ f2
iso1000 (it was meant to be 800 not sure what happened there) bt i did not apply and noise reduction in PP so i guess high iso on d80 aint that bad...
1/100

not sure if anyone noticed but that is a wine barrel in the background i love what it did to the bokeh

Sergio

JTL
07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
thanks everyone, i agree the first three shots dont offer much, i think i was just really happy that i got the exposure right... :)

lavender shots

50mm1.8 @ f4
iso400
1/500 sec

the last shot

50mm1.8 @ f2
iso1000 (it was meant to be 800 not sure what happened there) bt i did not apply and noise reduction in PP so i guess high iso on d80 aint that bad...
1/100

not sure if anyone noticed but that is a wine barrel in the background i love what it did to the bokeh

SergioThanks! :)

Looks I might have to check out the 50mm f/1.8 when I pick up my new gear at the end of the month...