PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Puzzled with Rechargeable NiMH and charger for Canon S1 IS

Rooy
01-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Please help me choose wisely. I'm looking for NiMH batteries + charger for Canon S1 IS which I'm about to buy very soon.

Please do recommend me which brands should buy and also any online shops with decent prices.

Thanks a lot fellows!

Rhys
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Please help me choose wisely. I'm looking for NiMH batteries + charger for Canon S1 IS which I'm about to buy very soon.

Please do recommend me which brands should buy and also any online shops with decent prices.

Thanks a lot fellows!

You'll only save a few coins by buying batteries and chargers online. My best suggestion is to look locally in the places like K-Mart, Wal-Mart and their ilk. You need a computerised charger. George raves about Maha chargers and I've never ever seen Maha. Personally, I use a little charger I bought in Fnac in Brussels when I'm in Britain and a charger I bought in K-Mart when I'm in America.

Rooy
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, thanks for your suggestions mate. How about the most trusty brands now :confused:

Rhys
01-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Well, thanks for your suggestions mate. How about the most trusty brands now :confused:

Again, I've been using digital cameras for several years. I started out with standard ni-cads (a no-name brand) and then moved onto Nimh when my Nikon 3100 wouldn't take more than a dozen photos using NiCad. Again, I bought a no-name brand of NiMh battery and because I had NiMh, I had to buy a new charger. I looked for a computerised charger - which I found in Brussels.

I've been using the same NiMh batteries and Brussels charger (with a Brussels-Uk plug adaptor) for 18 months with no problems. When I get back to America, however, I shall buy a better charger than the thing I bought in K-Mart.