PDA

View Full Version : e18 should not be considered too short to search for

NYC Jim
01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
first off - wonderful site - it's been immensely helpful in my camera searches. (along with imaging resource, steve's, and to a lesser extent, dpreview and megapixel.net)

one small gripe - pehaps you could tweak the software to fix:

tried searching the canon thread for e18 - (obviously a critical search if one is considering a p&s canon)

software automatically said that it would be excluded because it is too short. i understand if "the" "and" and "a" are excluded, but E18 is quite specific and should be allowed.

David Metsky
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
vBulletin is off the shelf software. Its search mechanism imposes the 3 char limit, I don't think there is any way around it.

D70FAN
01-06-2005, 10:43 AM
first off - wonderful site - it's been immensely helpful in my camera searches. (along with imaging resource, steve's, and to a lesser extent, dpreview and megapixel.net)

one small gripe - pehaps you could tweak the software to fix:

tried searching the canon thread for e18 - (obviously a critical search if one is considering a p&s canon)

software automatically said that it would be excluded because it is too short. i understand if "the" "and" and "a" are excluded, but E18 is quite specific and should be allowed.

As a note: The infamous E18 error doesn't seem to show up in posts anymore. Wonder why that is? Since none of the Canon owners I have known, or talked to, have ever had this problem I started questioning posters, on this site, about specific incidents. Curiously I never received an answer, nor did these "members" ever post again.

The best one involved a claimed E18 error on a Digital Rebel. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that the E18 error (frozen zoom lens) has occcured a few times, as have similar errors on other brands, but it appears that someone out in "netville" had it in for Canon in this case.