PDA

View Full Version : Optio 750 and ATP SD doesn't go along....?!?!?!

Iso67
01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I just purchased an 1 GB SD ATP card pro (60x) for my optio 750z. As soon as I put the sd in the camera I was able to shot just 2 or 3 pictures, before receiving the message: "error in the memory card", and the camera blocked. Any other attempt to put the SD in the camera causes the camera freezing with the same message "error in the memory".

I also tried to format thel card with my windows pc, but I got the message "impossible to complete the formatting", while the formatting on MAC OS seems to work fine. PC and MAC and a PDA see the SD, but when I write a word document on the SD on PC, once disconnecting the SD from PC the document disappear. my 64 mb sandisk whent smootly in all the previous operation, no problem at all!

So what is the problem? did I got a faulty SD, or every ATP have this problem, or the ATP is incompatible with the camera?

Many thanks

Iso

D70FAN
01-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Optio 750 and ATP SD doesn't go along....?
User: My Threads

Actions: ^ Forum |< First < Previous Follow up (reply) Next > Next New >>

Forum Pentax Talk
Subject Optio 750 and ATP SD doesn't go along....?
Posted by Iso67 [CLICK FOR PROFILE]
Date/Time 5:46:47 PM, Wednesday, January 05, 2005 (GMT)

I just purchased an 1 GB SD ATP card pro (60x) for my optio 750z. As soon as I put the sd in the camera I was able to shot just 2 or 3 pictures, before receiving the message: "error in the memory card", and the camera blocked. Any other attempt to put the SD in the camera causes the camera freezing with the same message "error in the memory".

I also tried to format thel card with my windows pc, but I got the message "impossible to complete the formatting", while the formatting on MAC OS seems to work fine. PC and MAC and a PDA see the SD, but when I write a word document on the SD on PC, once disconnecting the SD from PC the document disappear. my 64 mb sandisk whent smootly in all the previous operation, no problem at all!

So what is the problem? did I got a faulty SD, or every ATP have this problem, or the ATP is incompatible with the camera?

Many thanks

Iso

Sounds like a bad card. Where did you buy it?

This is the first time I have heard of an SD card failing. I had one fail, but it was due to physical damage.

Iso67
01-05-2005, 10:26 AM
unfortunatly I bought it from ebay (froma an USA seller and I live in Italy!)
Now I'll try to write him and I'll see!

thanks!

Iso

D70FAN
01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
unfortunatly I bought it from ebay (froma an USA seller and I live in Italy!)
Now I'll try to write him and I'll see!

thanks!

Iso

Yup. Too bad. Hope this isn't a resale scam where failed memory products are re-labled.

Let us know how it comes out.

Iso67
01-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I wrote to the seller and he said if I send the sd back, he'll give me a replacement (a new one). I purchased the SD from an e-bay shop, I hope I'll be luckier this time! I'll let you know!

Iso

Manstein
01-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I was given a few 512k SD cards from a business that was closing down but no camera to use them in. Luckily I managed to get hold of one of the Minolta adaptors which allows use in a CF compatible camera. Had no trouble with them to press.