PDA

View Full Version : Poll? re: Kodak Carousel slide tray film scanners?

blooflame
01-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm trying to get an idea of how much of a market there would be for a product, so I can tell film scanner manufacturers about it (I don't work in the camera/scanner industry at all).

Since Kodak has discontinued the Carousel slide projectors, I'd like to scan all of my trays of slides. My preferred method, however, would be a film scanner that accepted Carousel trays.

How many others would buy a scanner that was built to scan a whole tray of slides at a time?

rls
05-30-2007, 09:21 AM
i too have many, many carousel trays of slides i want to scan and it would be wonderful to be able to connect. i am using a high end Epson Perfection V700 but it requires inserting one by one into a plastic holder that only takes 12.

If you have any ideas, i would be grateful.

rls

Eric Ladner
10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Did anything ever come of the search for a film scanner that feeds from Kodak trays? I would certainly be interested in one!

Beowulff
10-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Uh.....

You do realise this thread is nearly FIVE years old Eric?

Just checkin' :)

Dread Pirate Roberts
10-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Don't be lazy, take them out of the trays, clean them and then scan them in whatever scanner you can afford.

There are bulk and single image scanners available, just do a google search to compare types.

Oh be prepared to invest lots of time doing it.