PDA

View Full Version : L10 review

joachim
11-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Hi Jeff,

thanks for finishing the L10 review. I had been curious what you thought for weeks. Your bottom line: expensive, seems in line with many other reviews which are presently emerging.

Though looking at your sample pictures, e.g. the (in-)famous church, I think you could have given more credit to the lens. The corner sharpness on this on (e.g. bushes, cross on-top) is clearly ahead of most of what you have shown us over the years (this image is typically what I check first). Also chromatic aberration in the tower-block to the right is very low. With many cameras you can see clear fringing between the white and the dark windows.

I am a bit inclined to call this "A camera set for lovers of fine lenses". Thanks for reading.

Jeff Keller
11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi Jeff,
Though looking at your sample pictures, e.g. the (in-)famous church, I think you could have given more credit to the lens. The corner sharpness on this on (e.g. bushes, cross on-top) is clearly ahead of most of what you have shown us over the years (this image is typically what I check first). Also chromatic aberration in the tower-block to the right is very low. With many cameras you can see clear fringing between the white and the dark windows.

I think I gave the lens plenty of credit... I even mentioned it in the "what i liked" section, which is unusual:

Impressive kit lens has nice range, optical image stabilization

I think the lens is great, though as far as purple fringing goes, don't forget that the Venus III engine has a lot to do with that.

Phill D
11-08-2007, 11:52 PM
More interactive than the usual reviews which was a nice touch. Only question I have is does the L10 have the ability to do depth of field preview like the Olympus E510 does?