PDA

View Full Version : question about mAh

rainingdefenses
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
hey,

I recently bought a charger for my AA rechargeable batteries for my camera, and my one set of batteries has a mAh of 2300. I have another set of batteries that are mAh 2650. The new charger I bought says that "your battery charger is designed to charge rechargeable batteries rated up to 2500 mAh". Am I able to charge the 2650's in there and if I do, will it just take longer to charge them than the recommended time, or can I really not charge them? Your help is greatly appreciated, as I need to know if I need to buy another set of batteries before my trip in two days. Thank you!!

Glasstream15
09-27-2007, 11:09 AM
They'll charge fine. It may take an extra 20 minutes or something but there won't be a problem

sugarqfx
10-20-2007, 03:38 PM
added opinion! i believe that 15 min chargers has a built in intellegent ic chip that detects whether a battery is fully charge or not! as in my case i bought a dynex 15 min charger and when i called dynex for support they said that the charger would cut off the charging process once it detected that the batteries had 2400mah even thou i was charging 2650mah! understand what im saying so basically i dont think it would work, but again it may depend on the charger?

its the same dilema im in right now! since i thought of buying some 2650mah duracells, but wasnt able to find any suitable chargers for it!

so i was wondering if the energizer 15 min charger which i am pretty sure could charge their new 2500 batt's would also be able to charge my new 2650mah duracells!

so that is the big question! nd i hope someone could answer that!

Glasstream15
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Personally, I would NOT use a 15 minute charger on any of themA 2600 mah batterie that is discharged to 50% will need 1300 mah in 15 minutes to fully charge. That is a charging rate of 5200 ma or 5.2 amps. That battery and charger are going to get very hot and going to seriously impact the total life expectancy of both. A 1 hour charge would not create nearly the heat load. And besides, AA NiMH cells are so cheap that I carry several sets of spares whenever I go out. I have even loaned AAs to people when theirs went dead and I still had several sets left fully charged. 4 to 8 hour charge will get the most juice into the battery and allow the battery to last the longest.

Rhys
10-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I use a 10-minute reconditioning charger.

I used to use a 1-hour charger from WalMart. That pretty well destroyed a lot of my batteries. I put them all through my 10-minute charger and most of them are now working well again.

sugarqfx
10-20-2007, 11:11 PM
may i ask what type or brand is your 10 minute reconditioner charger and where did you get it from?

Rhys
10-21-2007, 09:31 AM
may i ask what type or brand is your 10 minute reconditioner charger and where did you get it from?

I believe (without looking) that it could be digital concepts. I got it from the only pro shop in Columbia and that closed down in July.