PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop CS2 mystery...

tim11
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Right after shooting my brand new D80 I discovered Photoshop CS2 has somehow uninstalled itself off all Camera RAW formats. I don't know how this happened. Does anyone have any clue to this mystery?

:confused:

XaiLo
09-26-2007, 10:54 PM
By any chance did you install (I think it's called Nikon project) an image viewer that comes with the camera or any other Nikon imaging software. That will do It! I tried looking for the file name, try down loading the latest camera raw from adobe and install it but if I remember correctly I think you have to still manually remove the nikon file search through your plugins directory once you see the file name it will be readily obvious that's the problem. hth I'll check some more tomorrow when I get up.

BionicSniper
09-26-2007, 11:31 PM
It is not that it has uninstalled anything. It has unassociated its self from the file type so you just have to tell it to handle that file type.

tim11
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
No I haven't installed Nikon software and I don't think I will unless I really have too.
How do I tell itself to re-associate with RAW file type again? It use to be able to handle format Camera (*.TIF, *.RAW, *CRW, *.NEF; etc.). Now this option is missing.
I remember the last thing I installed was Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 though I didn't deliberately change any setting to other CS2 programs. I guess the computer wants me to get Nikon NX software?

Rooz
09-27-2007, 01:27 AM
do you mean you just want it to be the default program to open RAW files ?? if so...

right click on a NEF file
>open with
>choose program
>select CS2

then make sure the box that says "always use this program" is checked.

i would recommend you install both nikon transfer to download all your images from your camera. you can then set it up so it opens the images with CS2 automatically. also viewNX is a RAW browser which allows you to flag, basically adjust, sort and zoom into RAW files etc. i strongly recommend both to compliment CS2.

tim11
09-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Thanks XaiLo, BionicSpiner and Rooz for trying to solve the mystery.
I might have uninstalled Adobe PicBridge or something like that recently which could be the cause of all the hassle. I reinstalled Photoshop and run updates; now everything if back to normal.