PDA

View Full Version : Been a while since I posted one of MY son.. PG for violence.

tcadwall
09-25-2007, 11:49 AM
He had a hard time negotiating a door at school yesterday... It was a heavy door. Tough little bugger insisted on going back to school after the doc patched him up. This shot was taken in morning light this morning while I was re-dressing the wound.

Didn't have time to get a good picture. Just snapped this quickly.

ISO 1000
F/5.6
1/40 s
Nikkor 18-200mm

http://www.inventorypeople.com/img/DSC_1922.jpg

VTEC_EATER
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Dude...

I appreciate the warning, but was this really necessary?

This may be a worse photo than Gaza's kidney stone he posted last week.

Yuck...

Turo
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
OUCH!

Umm, nice bokeh?

rawpaw18
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Gonna feel that for a while. Hope he feels better soon, roundball coming up.

Slammed my thumb in my truck door three weeks ago, would of taken a picture of it while it was in the door but the camera was in the truck and after I unlocked it to get my thumb out, I was not concerned about what a cool shot that would of been. It is still numb in two places.

tcadwall
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry Rich I laughed out loud when I read that.... I pictured you jumping up and down, thumb stuck in the door exclaiming "Where's my Nikon, Where's my Nikon, Where's my Nikon?" and then seeing it sitting in there. Words change to "Where's my keys, Where's my keys, where's my keys?"

VTECH... Sorry. the intent was not to offend. I know everyone is different. To me this is really not that bad, but since I realized it might bother some people, I rated it. At least I didn't post the shot immediately following the incident.:eek:

rawpaw18
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the sympathy. Pretty much just like it happened, it looked so cool with half of my thumb not showing, then the pain started.

jcon
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Rich, that actually happened to me when I was a teen. My ring finger got stuck in the door cuz a friend didnt know my hand was there and shut the door... surprisingly, it didnt hurt, and I stood there for a couple seconds, just looking at my hand with one finger missing! LOL Opened the door, and went to play basketball LOL.

T, FWIW, the picture doesnt bother me, although, I do have a very unusually strong stomach for this stuff. One could say you see more grusome stuff on the evening news, so I dont mind you posting it!

tcadwall
09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
j,

Yeah... I love to watch UFC, WEC, etc. Don't like wrestling, not enough blood. I also have watched the "You gotta see this!" unedited / unrated. I did get a little queasy on a scene that had a street luger... I'll leave the rest of the description out.

I guess there is some part of me that finds grotesque things somewhat intriguing. Which is why I thought this was an intriguing photo. I also thought that most of us could use a break from the "serious".

XaiLo
09-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Well it is a gripping and telling photo, photo journalism at it's best. hope he gets well soon.

VTEC_EATER
09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
T, FWIW, the picture doesnt bother me, although, I do have a very unusually strong stomach for this stuff. One could say you see more grusome stuff on the evening news, so I dont mind you posting it!

Look... Ive seen some pretty horrible stuff in my time, but I certainly was not expecting to see a picture of a torn up finger when I clicked on the topic. Thats mostly where my comment came from.

I guess I never related this forum with photos of gross stuff. While I know its happens everywhere, I guess I was just used to all the photos of flowers or other "pretty" stuff on here. Oh well.

Hope your son heals up quick.

tcadwall
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the well wishes VTec (and all).

AFA flowers, mountains, sexy cars, horses, cats (haven't seen any of those here in a while), etc. I can see that this doesn't fit in with all that! I certainly thought better than to put it in the "POD" thread... EIKS. That might have *really* been inappropriate! :eek:

Now you know why I don't have many shots to post! :D

Xailo... now you had to go and put a serious spin on it... uggh... We're just havin fun...

Just think what it is going to be like here in a few years... (umm what will Rooz be posting then?) He has a few years before his son is old enough to produce moments like this.;)

BTW - my son thought it was WAY cool when I grabbed the camera for this shot.

jcon
09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I hope I didnt offend or anything like that with my comments VTEC.. wasnt my purpose.

People have different views and opinions, and I respect yours.

VTEC_EATER
09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
No offense taken. I just used your comment because it related to my comment and what I was going to say in my next comment.

Thats enough commentary now...;)