PDA

View Full Version : Nikon View NX

K1W1
09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Nikon view is about to be updated with a NX Version (http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=276&productNr=NVNX#). I wonder if it will still be free and exactly how crippled it will be compared to the full Capture NX.

jcon
09-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Sounds like its going to be part of the workflow with Capture NX:

Integrates Easily with Capture NX. One click and you are opening your selected images with Capture NX. All of your labels are supported.

I think this could help improve workflow and organizing, similar to what Lightroom offers!

erichlund
09-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Sounds like its going to be part of the workflow with Capture NX:

I think this could help improve workflow and organizing, similar to what Lightroom offers!

That has been Nikon's intent for quite some time. It was supposed to happen when 4.4 or NX came out (I don't remember which), but for some reason, the View portion got delayed. At the time, the word was that we would have to pay for it. It's supposed to be included with the D3 and D300, but I understand it's also going to be a free download, as it has always been.

Rooz
09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
what does it do ?

K1W1
09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
what does it do ?

Load it off the CD that came with your camera and find out. :):)

View is an image viewing / image managing utility but the current version has a module called Edit that is quite a good little RAW editor for basic editing and file conversion (it's essentially a stripped down version of the original Capture). From reading the Nikon web site it looks like the new version may have some Capture NX features integrated which might make a good quick editing tool.