PDA

View Full Version : how do you preserve EXIF in PS?

hankbeblazin
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
i was wondering how do you preserve the exif in photoshop, and how do you view it other than when i post it on flickr?

thanks alot in advance

tim11
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
If you select SAVE FOR WEB then all exif data will be stripped off. If you SAVE AS and give it a new name exif will still be there.
PHOTOBUCKET can pick up that data and display if you want it to and I guess Flickr is the same?

e_dawg
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
You can also use something like Opanda PowerExif to backup EXIF data from your JPEGs before PP in PS and add them back to your final JPEG files. PowerExif will allow you to view EXIF data, of course, but you can also use photo viewers like IrfanView (press I, then E when viewing pics to see the EXIF data) and a plug-in for Firefox called EXIF viewer that allows you to right-click on any image to see the EXIF data.

hankbeblazin
09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
You can also use something like Opanda PowerExif to backup EXIF data from your JPEGs before PP in PS and add them back to your final JPEG files. PowerExif will allow you to view EXIF data, of course, but you can also use photo viewers like IrfanView (press I, then E when viewing pics to see the EXIF data) and a plug-in for Firefox called EXIF viewer that allows you to right-click on any image to see the EXIF data.

cool thanks alot edawg i'll definately look that up