PDA

View Full Version : Lumix DMC-L10 thread

Phill D
09-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Well as no one else has started one yet I'll kick off the L10 discussion.
It seems to me that the L10 when matched with the new Leica 14-150 lense is a pretty close to match to my FZ20 but in a DSLR. The camera & lense combination sounds pretty good to me. I was leaning towards an Oly E510 but now I'm not so sure. I wonder how the Leica lense would compare with the FZ20 in macro as it doesn't seem to have a specific macro mode. However, it does focus down to 0.5m at all focal lengths which ought to be quite good for creeping up on insects etc I guess. The f5.6 vs my current f2.8 at full zoom is still a downside though. Jeff when you do the reviews I hope you get one of these lenses to put through it's paces as well & can do a back to back comparison with the ultra zoom cameras.
OK anyone else got any thoughts.............?

Soldi
09-01-2007, 03:54 AM
WELL ... i love panasonic and i have Fz8 .,, and this camera is very good and had something new like the lcd ...but it still have high price for me i would go for eos 400 or nikon d40 ..and why it dosent have in body image stabilization :confused: now they force u to buy lecia lenses as i think most of OLY. lenses has no image stabilization ( i dunno about sigma )

Rex914
09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't think that this DSLR was introduced really well. I for one, don't see who this is marketed at. Its price puts it well up into the D80 / 40D range, but its features are more akin to that of a Rebel XTi. Is this an entry-level camera like the XTi, or is this meant to compete with the D80, whose kit price is identical?

Forcing a kit is also problematic if the lens is indeed representing a significant cost ($400?) and will hamper sales of this model. I honestly don't see the value proposition here, especially with Olympus offering a similar camera (according to DPR, they appear to share the same base platform), with in-body IS, for less.

- Jon

Soldi
09-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Rex914...
agree with you .. if it has a better price it would be great .. but with this price...:rolleyes:

Phill D
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Hmm yes I just checked the prices Jeff is quoting & I see what you mean. It looks like this will be a wait & see how the market prices turn out after a while. Currently even the twin lens bundle cost of the Oly 510 is much cheaper than the basic Lumix L10 kit. :confused:

Phill D
09-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I was just re reading the dpreview preview of the 10 & saw that it doesn't have a DoF preview option. What a bummer panasonic why leave it off? That was one of my key reasons for hankering after a dslr & you left it off :( It looks like its cousins the Oly 410 & 510 have it so why leave it off.

TheObiJuan
09-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Jon I agree with you completely.
It's a shame about the L10, I had high hopes for it when I first heard about it.

It could be worse, Panasonic could be out of the DSLR world; at least they're trying.