PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chris

Stoller
08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
I did not even know you did underwater photograhpy...:D

http://www.chrisrossphoto.com/

Guess you might have to change your name?

toriaj
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
lol ... Chris, once I stumbled on this site when I was looking for yours:
http://www.chrisrossphotography.com/

Esoterra
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Lol, Stoller and Tori its funny you should post this. A few weeks back I googled my name and came across his website. His stuff is pretty cool. I am glad that there is such a difference between our styles and focus in Photography!

TNB
08-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Since you have your own thread, I thought I would post here. :p I stopped by a couple of the local camera stores today and someone has already been put on the waiting list for the D3. It wasn't me. ;) Actually, I was told that it wasn't even someone from the USA. Suprisingly, they wouldn't even give me an actual price (which I understand since they could raise the MSRP or sell below the actual MSRP either way). I just thought that you might want to know so you can put your name on the list. :D Ironically, I've been checking other items and ended up purchasing items that I had already thought about purchasing--at least one of them got used at the game tonight though I would have liked to try two of the new items.

Esoterra
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Since you have your own thread, I thought I would post here. :p I stopped by a couple of the local camera stores today and someone has already been put on the waiting list for the D3. It wasn't me. ;) Actually, I was told that it wasn't even someone from the USA. Suprisingly, they wouldn't even give me an actual price (which I understand since they could raise the MSRP or sell below the actual MSRP either way). I just thought that you might want to know so you can put your name on the list. :D Ironically, I've been checking other items and ended up purchasing items that I had already thought about purchasing--at least one of them got used at the game tonight though I would have liked to try two of the new items.

Naw, Im not going to get a D3. D300 more like it. IF there is a big enough difference between the two camera besides FPS and FX, (possbile image quality ?) then I would consider it, but its not what I need right now. I do need to go pick up a flash bracket for a wedding this weekend. I noticed that you got yours. Any recommendations? I dont want to spend more than $70!

TNB
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Naw, Im not going to get a D3. D300 more like it. IF there is a big enough difference between the two camera besides FPS and FX, (possbile image quality ?) then I would consider it, but its not what I need right now. I do need to go pick up a flash bracket for a wedding this weekend. I noticed that you got yours. Any recommendations? I dont want to spend more than $70!
The only recommendation that I'd really make is the Custom Brackets Pro-M Kit I purchased; however, that is more than 4x what you want to spend. I may consider getting rid of the Stroboframe just to help recover a fraction of the Custom Brackets model I purchased though I probably won't let it go for less than a $100 (and I would still be taking a loss--it's $143.95 at B&H and they are out-of-stock). Either way, you should purchase one for weddings--Call me.

I also ran into a "degreed" wedding photographer this weekend who wasn't using a flash bracket and was finally checking them out. She said that "they" never even taught about flash brackets (though I would have thought she noticed shadows). Then again, she said her teachings in studio lighting was only two days--I won't write which college she attended. I didn't ask her about studio lighting though that is originally what I was in the stores checking out--one of the guys in the camera club is also a rep for one of the lighting companies.

PS: I responded to your PM.

toriaj
10-08-2007, 03:35 AM
I did not even know you did underwater photograhpy...:D

And did you know that he is a look-alike of both Tom Cruise and Hiroyuki Sanada? http://www.smugmug.chrisross.com/

I think I'll have to favorite your smugmug, Chris, because I always stumble across weird stuff looking for it :rolleyes:

Esoterra
10-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Lol. Thanks for the bookmark Tori. I get email updates from your flickr uploads and I really like looking at your work. Your latest one (waterfall) was awesome.

toriaj
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks, Chris! You should check out that flickr group, Dictionary of Image. It's fascinating (to me anyway)
I want to get a bunch of new textures now!! :D