PDA

View Full Version : Bad SD card ("CHA" warning). Can I repair it?

Kellie
08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I bought a Sandisk 4GB SDHC card less than a month ago at Costco. I tried to use it today and got a blinking "CHA" error. It isn't locked, so this means the card is bad. Luckily, I downloaded all of the files from it last night. At $50, this thing wasn't cheap, so I would like to fix it if possible. Is there anything I can do? I get an error on the PC when I try to access the card, too. :(

Kellie
08-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow, I just called Costco and they will take it back for a refund or replacement even without the packaging! Talk about great customer service. I would like to see if can be fixed so I don't have to drive out to Costco, but I least I'm not out the $$. Maybe I should replace it with 2, 2GB cards.

GaryS
08-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I've decided to stick with 2gb cards as a failsafe measure too... 2gb holds 200 raw images from my XTi which is enough for most outings. I have a spare 2gb, and I'll pick up a 3rd one soon.

Plus, 2gb cards are nearly free right now!

jcon
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Maybe I should replace it with 2, 2GB cards.

I strongly suggest that. You were lucky to get all the files from it... imagine if you hadnt... its nice to spread the photos out over 2-3 cards, incase this very problem occurs!

Glad its going to get taken care of, Kellie!

fionndruinne
08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Costco has really great customer service and returns policies.