PDA

View Full Version : Sony Commercializes APS-C size CMOS Image Sensor

XaiLo
08-21-2007, 04:27 AM
I found this to be a very interesting article. Sony Commercializes APS-C size CMOS Image Sensor with Industry-leading 12.47 Effective Megapixel Resolution for use in Digital SLR Cameras
Unique Column-Parallel A/D Converter Technology Realizes 10 frames/second Ultrahigh-Speed, Enhanced Image Quality and Noise Reduction

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/200708/07-072E/index.html

enjoy:)

jcon
08-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Was already posted by K1W1 in the "Rumours" Thread here......

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33684&page=2

:)

K1W1
08-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Was already posted by K1W1 in the "Rumours" Thread here......

I shouldn't really have put it there as it's fact not fiction.

In the mean time though (about 2 hours) I've been using a copy of the Press Release printed at 1200dpi on my Kyocera laser printer and a circa 1979 Tamron 135mm lens to give this sensor a through workout.
I believe that I've shot over 3000 test images on subjects ranging from sunsets to sunrises, macro, portrait, architecture and landscape. I even did a wedding and a Shuttle launch. ISO's used range from 64 to 32000.
In a word this sensor is phenomenal (available from here). Not a single noisy pixel is evident on any printed image at any ISO!
Whatever you do buy this sensor (available here) don't be concerned about the price. Don't worry that I'm hyping it through the stratosphere just buy it today from here.
When my review hits my blog I'm going to be the most talked about person on the Internet so just remember that you read it here first and don't forget to buy from here to support the lifestyle I aspire to.

aparmley
08-21-2007, 08:18 AM

In the mean time though (about 2 hours) I've been using a copy of the Press Release printed at 1200dpi on my Kyocera laser printer and a circa 1979 Tamron 135mm lens to give this sensor a through workout.
I believe that I've shot over 3000 test images on subjects ranging from sunsets to sunrises, macro, portrait, architecture and landscape. I even did a wedding and a Shuttle launch. ISO's used range from 64 to 32000.
In a word this sensor is phenomenal (available from here). Not a single noisy pixel is evident on any printed image at any ISO!
Whatever you do buy this sensor (available here) don't be concerned about the price. Don't worry that I'm hyping it through the stratosphere just buy it today from here.
When my review hits my blog I'm going to be the most talked about person on the Internet so just remember that you read it here first and don't forget to buy from here to support the lifestyle I aspire to.

:confused: I'm so lost. :confused:

rawpaw18
08-21-2007, 09:06 AM
:confused: I'm so lost. :confused:

Richard is doing his best Ken Rockwell impression.

aparmley
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Richard is doing his best Ken Rockwell impression.

ohhhhh right-right. My bad. :D

No Control
08-21-2007, 11:59 AM
and don't forget to buy from here to support the lifestyle I aspire to.

ahahaha! :D

jcon
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Thats "bleepin" hillarious man!:D:D

Esoterra
08-21-2007, 03:21 PM
The human head weighs 10lbs