PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D80 Green Dot on LCD

JSB3
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I have a 10 day old D80 and the LCD screen has a single green dot located at the very top of the LCD screen which stays illuminated. Sort of like a single pixle is not functioning. Is this a defect (I would think it is on a $1000 camera), or normal? Also, is there a term for this other than single green dot staying lit on the LCD screen? Just want to sound a bit more professional when I go to try and return/exchange the camera tomorrow.

Thanks

rawpaw18
08-03-2007, 04:43 AM
Sounds like a problem to me. I would return it and ask for a replacement.
Sorry, I do not know of a more professional way of explaining your problem
to the staff, your explanation sounds fine and they should address your
problem.

Also do not let them talk you into sending it out for repairs, it is only
10 days old for crying out loud.

SantaCruz
08-03-2007, 04:45 AM
That would be referred to as a 'stuck' pixel. There are some fixes out there but most apply to LCD computer monitors and TV's, etc. Google it and you'll get a wealth of info. On a new camera w/a LCD of that size, I'd trade it for another. Congrats on the new D80 :)

K1W1
08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
It might be worth checking Nikons dead pixel policy.
Most LCD manufacturers have an "acceptable" number of dead pixels that can be on a panel before they will cover any warranty. I don't know what Nikons policy is on this but be warned that a single dead pixel might not be warrantable.

Rooz
08-03-2007, 05:16 AM
kiwi is right, most manufacturer lcd warranties generally need a certain number or cluster to die b4 a replacement. alot of camera stores offer a swap for "good will" but most will just quote the manufacturers policy.