PDA

View Full Version : D50 - Autofocus Problems

MicheleG
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi all-

Went to take a picture today and noticed my autofocus wasn't working. Checked to make sure it was on "A" and not "M"...looked fine. Went to the custom settings menu and noticed Autofocus and AF-Area Mode are dimmed. Autofocus is set on AF-A and AF-Area Mode is on Closest Subject.
Searched the manual and can't figure out why these are dimmed, and I can't seem to "undim" them. Does anyone know how I can get my autofocus function back?

Thanks!

tcadwall
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
No codes on the display( viewfinder or top )?

Does it actually take a picture?

What was the last thing you did? Like did you recently swap lenses?

Did someone else have their mitts on your camera?

Haven't seen this, but someone will probably chime in on it that has. Until then, a few questions that might help you find the problem.

aparmley
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Make sure the body's AF/M switch is set to AF make sure the lens' AF/M switch is on AF, maybe turn the camera off and try to reseed the lens, maybe the lens isn't 100% locked into place. Turn the camera back on? Does it work? If not I'd take AF-mode off closest and on center point or something and try everything again and see if that helps, if not I'm clueless I've never used a D50 so I'm not the best person to answer this question.

What lens are you using? try another lens? Does it AF?

K1W1
07-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like something to do with the M/A switches or the physical connection between the lens and the body to me.
That's where I would be looking at to start with.