PDA

View Full Version : problems with my batteries

jacktshit
07-20-2007, 07:20 AM
hy everyone:)
A few weeks ago I bought a FujiFilm S6000fd. And I needed some rechargeble batteries. I bought 8pc of 2700mAh Gp batteries. In some other forums I red that these bat.s can last over 400 photos,but after 200 I need to change them. Can anyone tell me where is the problem?plese hepl me

David Metsky
07-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Are you using the flash a lot? Are you using the LCD to review and preview a lot? The number of shots is an estimate; it will be different depending on how you use your camera.

jacktshit
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
I was 1 week in the High Tatras in Slovacia. And there I didn't used the flash,90% i was photographing mountains, of course without flash.but i playedback many times the photos,approx. every 3-4 photos.
there is a CIPA rule(amm...every 2shot is with flash,after every 10 photo turn the camera off and then on..etc),that says that my camera with these batt.s can make approx. 400 shots.

David Metsky
07-20-2007, 08:30 AM
NiMH lose their charge over time. The test is doing all the shots in one session, not over a week's time. Also, if it was cold that will have a big impact on battery life.

The CIPA is a relative rating, they don't guaranty that you'll get that many shots because there are too many variables.

jacktshit
07-20-2007, 08:45 AM
NiMH lose their charge over time. The test is doing all the shots in one session, not over a week's time. Also, if it was cold that will have a big impact on battery life.

The CIPA is a relative rating, they don't guaranty that you'll get that many shots because there are too many variables.

It's true,but it's something that I didn't done with the batt.s. I didn't charged them at the first time 16 hours.And it's a big problem...i'm I wrong?help me

jacktshit
07-20-2007, 08:47 AM
and maybe the batteries are not working with 100% :confused:

canon_A620
07-28-2007, 10:41 PM
It may take some time for your cells to reach full capacity, and they may be weak from sitting uncharged in a warehouse.

I put my new NiMH cells (excluding eneloops) through a forming mode using the Maha MH-C9000 charger. After doing this, I had capacties of 2700 mAh - 2800 mAh with a couple sets of brand new Powerex 2700 mAh AA cells.

If you don't have a charger with a forming mode, run them through a few charge/discharge cycles on your charger. If your charger doesn't have a discharge/refresh mode, either purchase a charger with this feature, or run them down in your camera until they deplete and then charge them up again.