PDA

View Full Version : Lens Maintenance

Rooz
07-13-2007, 05:09 AM
What do you all use to clean your lens' how often do you do it ?

coldrain
07-13-2007, 05:52 AM
I have a little lens cleaning kit from Carl Zeiss which comes in a neat little pouch. It contains a little lipstick size lens brush, a little spray bottle with lens cleaning fluid, a soft cloth and some moist tissues.

When I notice the lenses actually are dirty with smudges, dust and/or show fake scratches from contact with teh lens cap plastic I clean them. This is probably once a month on average.

I first dust the lens or filter off with the brush, then spray lightly on a corner of the cloth, and then in soft circular motion wipe the glass clean. Very fast, effective and simple.

I am not using the moist tissues, I guess they can come in handy on vacations for instance.

Rooz
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
once a month !! :eek:
sheesh i gotta get busy !

swgod98
07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
No kidding. I see spots on my lenses. I haven't cleaned them since...oh...hmm...I haven't :o

Kellie
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
I have a microfiber cloth and wipe the lens when it looks like it needs it which isn't very often. Good old warm breath does the trick for stubborn spots. :p

jcon
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I use a Lens Pen, bought at a local Radio Shack. I use the brush end to remove loose particles, and then use the soft padded side to remove smudges and other spots.

uncleskull
07-14-2007, 12:46 PM
The micro-fiber cloths work great. They haven't scratched my plastic eyeglass lenses, so I really don't expect them to hurt my glass camera lenses.

Just be sure to blow off dust before wiping with the cloth.

Use a little cleaning solution or a blast of your breath.

~ The only things stopping us from reaching our goals are the limitations we place on ourselves. ~