PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Capture NX

Sambru
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, so here it is.

I bought Nikon Capture NX 1.1 installed it on my computer and now my computer reads that I have a D50 instead I actually have a D80. When I was only using Picture Project it read D80. I tried to call Nikon with no avail.

jcon
07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Could you be a little more descriptive.. what reads it as a D50? The program? The EXIF data? Where does it state its a D50?

Rooz
07-04-2007, 12:17 AM
if you mean that your PC comes up with "D50" rather than d80 when you connect then that's more of a windows problem i would say.

Sambru
07-04-2007, 11:54 AM
if you mean that your PC comes up with "D50" rather than d80 when you connect then that's more of a windows problem i would say.

That's exactly it. However before installing Nikon Capture NX - It read D80 with Picture project the software that came with the D80

Prospero
07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I have the same problem. Every time I connect the camera it sais D50...
I wish it said D200 instead :D

Did you have a D50 before you bought the D80? If that is the case and you did not format the memory card with the D80, it could be that the card is still named after the D50.
The difference between Picture Project and Capture could then be that PP looks at the name of the camera you connected while Capture NX looks at the name of the memory card.
This is just a wild guess, though.

Sambru
07-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Did you have a D50 before you bought the D80? If that is the case and you did not format the memory card with the D80, it could be that the card is still named after the D50.
The difference between Picture Project and Capture could then be that PP looks at the name of the camera you connected while Capture NX looks at the name of the memory card.
This is just a wild guess, though.

Nope the D80 is my very first dslr camera and I formated the card in the D80. I tried to contact Nikon but no luck, man does their service suck!:mad:

K1W1
07-05-2007, 12:57 AM
It wouldn't be a card format issue. The D50 or D80 is being sourced from the ID of the camera when it's connected not the card that is in the camera.
Sounds like there is a bug in NX1.1 that is confusing the cameras.
To me it's just one more reason not to bother connecting a camera to a PC. Card readers don't have this issue. :)

Kellie
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
It seems as though version 1.1 is full of bugs. It's driving me crazy. But I had a very pleasant experience with Nikon on the phone. I'm sorry you didn't. :( What number did you call? I called their general tech support and was connected to a live person with 30 seconds (after going through a couple menus). The tech I talked to was very polite, although he was unable to solve my problem. :p He did say he would research it and send it on to the next level of techs if need be. I have been in email contact with a tech and it does seem like he is trying to find a solution. I can PM you the number I called if you'd like.

LOL!

K1W1
07-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Lightroom 1.1 is looking better. :):)

Sambru
07-06-2007, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Kellie;235586]It seems as though version 1.1 is full of bugs. It's driving me crazy. But I had a very pleasant experience with Nikon on the phone. I'm sorry you didn't. :( What number did you call? I called their general tech support and was connected to a live person with 30 seconds (after going through a couple menus). The tech I talked to was very polite, although he was unable to solve my problem. :p He did say he would research it and send it on to the next level of techs if need be. I have been in email contact with a tech and it does seem like he is trying to find a solution. I can PM you the number I called if you'd like.

That would be awesome. It's driving me crazy, especially when I am trying to learn this stuff at the same time. Thank you.