PDA

View Full Version : Canon s3 IS problems/need replacement advice

greatminds
07-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry have just realised I can post a new thread so sorry for double posting.

I have had the s3 for 8 months and adore the camera. Unfortunately I have had to return it twice due to the motor sticking on the lense. The company I bought from have said it seems to be a common fault and have refunded me. I am gutted as I loved everything about the camera. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise a camera of similar quality with the emphasis being on the zoom

John_Reed
07-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry have just realised I can post a new thread so sorry for double posting.

I have had the s3 for 8 months and adore the camera. Unfortunately I have had to return it twice due to the motor sticking on the lense. The company I bought from have said it seems to be a common fault and have refunded me. I am gutted as I loved everything about the camera. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise a camera of similar quality with the emphasis being on the zoomBecause the Panasonic FZ50 has a manual zoom, so no zoom motor. (Although I've never had any problems with Panny zoom motors on earlier cameras that use them, come to think of it)

But the FZ50 has many features of the S3, including a tiltable LCD, long zoom, etc. You might like it, who knows?