PDA

View Full Version : Rooz Jnr's Christening

Rooz
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
My little fella had his christening a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few pics i just downloaded. no PP except for the obvious selective colouring in a couple.

photos taken by a friend who has never used an SLR before. i just set the sigma to f5.6 1/60s mounted the sb600 and off he went. i think he did a bloody good job !

i'll post a few more later including the dunking of course ! :D

herc182
07-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Love number 2 and 4. The expression on number 2 is brilliant.

good job indeed....My brother would probably do my one (whenever i get married and have children :eek:) but he would use a canon...would have to hand him my camera i think :D

Lilchilichoco
07-02-2007, 05:00 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh goodness that is so beautiful!! Yes he did a damn good job. :). Lovely photos! He's so beautiful Rooz! Fabulous! Congratulations!!

Thanks for sharing.:)

Best Regards

dxrocnxj
07-02-2007, 08:16 AM
the last one is my favorite, it just makes you and your child look so peaceful.

Prospero
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Beautiful pictures. You're friend did a good job.I like the partial black and white treatment.

Just curious, what kind of church do you go to?
From the images it seems to me like a (greek) orthodox church?

T06
07-03-2007, 06:20 AM
No.2 made me laugh, caption:-'Shit, I hope I don't look like him':D, ;) nice shots Rooz
ps. don't show your brother this.:D

Rooz
07-03-2007, 06:57 AM
lmao kev ! :D
denis: its a russian orthodox church...same as greek.

here are a couple more. he wasn;t a very happy camper at this time ! the first one was the dunking, the timing is so eerie looks like the priest was trying to drown the little fella ! the second one is the complete and utter shock at getting dunked. thats my wife in the background about to cry. lol

for those who have never seen a russian christening, its a bit different to the norm. these bloody russians are tough buggers, kid goes in head first underwater ! :eek:

toriaj
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Rooz, what a priceless capture! What great judgement, using 1/60 sec. I love the immediacy it gives the shot. And having Mom in the background ... genius.

jcon
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Looks like the little guy was bobbin for apples :D

The last pic is just amazing! To me, it looks like he is looking up to the heavens....

tim11
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Nice shots Rooz. I like the last one the most. Good DOF too.

Honest Gaza
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Yep...the last shot captures it all.

Love the splay of the water from under him :)

Kellie
07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Wow, what great pictures!! I really like the selective coloring and the last shot is priceless.

Viky
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Loved all the pics.... specially the last one.

You must have nerves of steel to see someone dip your infant head first into a bucket of water:eek::eek:

Isn't there chances of water getting into his nose, wind pipe and lungs.. or am i just paranoid:confused::confused:

T06
07-04-2007, 03:17 AM
it's nice to see someone give you a glimpse of their world, to be treasured for sure those pics. mate! saw that last one & thought of a line but can't belittle the moment, i'll just clean the beer off of the monitor, i reckon that priest is gonna get some in years to come but huh!:D

Rooz
07-04-2007, 03:31 AM
viky: the priest actually has his hand over the babies face and his fingers pinch his nose shut as he dunks him. the water is actually supposed to be cold aswell which causes the natual reflex of the baby holding their breath. given this was the middle of winter though, the water was warm.

kev: put it this way mate...not sure what the little fella is gonna think when he sees the video on his 18th !! "you let the priest do WHAT ?!!?"

T06
07-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Have a fair idea now, just don't shake the vodka.;)

rawpaw18
07-04-2007, 05:06 AM
Rooz,
Thanks for sharing those special moments. A very nice job was done
indeed, Make sure to give a big thanks to the photog for some really nice shots.

PS hold on to that baby, they grow up soooo fast. sniffle

Rooz
07-04-2007, 05:42 AM
thanx rich. :)

Lilchilichoco
07-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Rooz.....totally beautiful!What a moment to catch in the second one. Perfect! The second last one does look like the priest is trying to drown the poor baby lol...We have it different here in India. Usually just a sign of the holy cross on the baby's forehead amidst chanting. But no dunking. I can see your wife about to cry......it's an overwhelming moment.:) Priceless shot.

Thanks so much for sharing.
God Bless!

tcadwall
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I recall (quite dim recollection actually) reading a story when I was a child. It was about a duckling that was raised by a snowplow (or something like that)... Anyway, I am starting to wonder if Rooz JR thinks his father is a camera.:eek:

rawpaw18
07-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Tracey,
He may not think he is a camera, but he is very worried that
he inherited his cycloptic dad's looks. :D

Rooz at his brith said "Look, he's got my EYE".

Rooz
07-06-2007, 04:48 AM
lmao you pack of bastards. :D:D:D

http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck05.gif

XaiLo
07-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Cherished moments and they do go by quicker than one would imagine, thanks for the peek in mate. That's one handsome boy there Rooz must take after mum though :D my prayer is that he give his life to our LORD, may he be guided by the spirit of thruth and righteousness and seek the LORD out in his word in Jesus' name I pray Amen. GOD Bless. :)