PDA

View Full Version : Playing with exposure. C&C welcome

herc182
06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
All these photos were taken with the 35mm f2 lens. What a lens.
All were taken in manual mode and spot metering. I chose what exposure to take and played with the settings. I think i got some good results!

herc182
06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Changed one to black and white....(the colour one was no good!)

Prospero
06-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Nice pictures. You did a good job capturing the warm afternoon light. Did you set your white balance manually too, or was it still at auto white balance?

My favorites are the second (rail way tracks) and the sixth (the one with the reflection). The perspetive is great in the second and the reflection is really nice in the sixth.

The contrast in the first picture is a bit too much in my opinion, the grass and sky are blown out, while the rest is too dark. The glow behind the leaves is nice, but that is too small a portion of the image.

I find the third one a bit boring, perhaps if you had been closer to the well lit leaves it would have been better.
I think the leaves in the top of image 4 are a bit distracting. They do give the image more depth though. Perhaps if you had included more of the leaves it would be better.

The black and white is great. I like the vignetting. It makes the image more dramatic. Did you add it yourself, or is that the vignetting of the 35 wide open?

r3g
06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Nice work. I really like thar black & white one!

herc182
07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Nice pictures. You did a good job capturing the warm afternoon light. Did you set your white balance manually too, or was it still at auto white balance?

I set the white balance manually purposefully making it a tad warmer than it actually was. I love the flexibility of the manual setting. I generally set it manually all the time now.

My favorites are the second (rail way tracks) and the sixth (the one with the reflection). The perspetive is great in the second and the reflection is really nice in the sixth.

Thanks! The reflections were really nice. Sat there for a while day dreaming.

The contrast in the first picture is a bit too much in my opinion, the grass and sky are blown out, while the rest is too dark. The glow behind the leaves is nice, but that is too small a portion of the image.

Yeah i took some other shots but preferred this one. There is a photographer called Bruno Moyen. He overexposes his photos a touch and i liked the effect in some cases...http://www.brunomoyen.com/

I find the third one a bit boring, perhaps if you had been closer to the well lit leaves it would have been better.
I think the leaves in the top of image 4 are a bit distracting. They do give the image more depth though. Perhaps if you had included more of the leaves it would be better.

The black and white is great. I like the vignetting. It makes the image more dramatic. Did you add it yourself, or is that the vignetting of the 35 wide open?

The lens does not vignet so i added the effect on photoshop. Thats the only image with PP!

Thanks ReG_00.
thanks for lookiing