PDA

View Full Version : Pls recommend me a camera to buy

sridhar
06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Budget

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.

$250.

Size

* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?

Compact.

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you?

6 MP

* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)

Ultrazoom = 10x-12x (If Digital zoom is present, then standard zoom will suffice)

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)

Do you care for manual controls?

No

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for?

Indoor, Outdoor, For posting on my blog

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?

No

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?

Yes

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?

Occasionally

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate?

Prefer Sony and Canon

Are there particular models you already have in mind?

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)

IS, Camera lens shutters (covers), Display shutter (cover), Expandable memory, Good Battery Life, Red eye removal, Point and Shoot

bascom
06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
For an ultrazoom for $250 there is Fuji S700 but it doesn't have IS or Red eye removal. You may find Sony H2 on clearance. Don't use digital zoom. What is expandable memory? All cams take mem cards.

seo
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
The S6000fd is $300 at B&H and there is a $50 rebate until 6/30. $250.

sridhar
06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

bascom: Can you tell me the next best model after Fuji S700 that have IS and red eye removal even if it means higher cost? Does Sony H2 have IS and red eye removal? By expandable memory, I meant the memory card slots.

seo: What is B&H? Can you pls point me to the rebate link/form?

sridhar
06-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I went through several reviews and forums' posts. Excellent positive reviews all around for FujiFilm S6000fd. Does it have a competitor at that price range ($250)?