PDA

View Full Version : Rayovac Hybrid

Alex D80
06-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Rayovac Hybrid can be purchased at your local Wal-Mart. I have used the Energizer 2500 mAh rechargable's from Wal-Mart as well, and the Rayovac will last much longer. Not only will they outlast the Energizers, they will stay charged without use much longer.

I purchased 4-AA for $8.99 US and 4-AAA for $8.99 US. I have replaced my Energizer's for my flash with this batteries.

Check out their website regarding the product
http://www.rayovac.com/recharge/hybrid_technology.shtml

Visual Reality
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Looks a lot like the idea behind the Eneloops...

Alex D80
06-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Looks a lot like the idea behind the Eneloops...

Somewhat. They are only 2100mAh, but man, they kicked my Energizer's butt by a lot. I even bought a set for my wireless mouse at the office, ridiculous, I have to charge my Energizer's every 2 days of work. The Rayovac Hybrids, a full week. Installed them on a Monday, and still had charge on Friday. I put them to charge on Friday so they would be ready for work on Monday again. Pretty neat batteries.

Visual Reality
07-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Somewhat. They are only 2100mAh, but man, they kicked my Energizer's butt by a lot. I even bought a set for my wireless mouse at the office, ridiculous, I have to charge my Energizer's every 2 days of work. The Rayovac Hybrids, a full week. Installed them on a Monday, and still had charge on Friday. I put them to charge on Friday so they would be ready for work on Monday again. Pretty neat batteries.
What? A single set should last you a lot longer than a week? What kind of mouse?

Alex D80
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
What? A single set should last you a lot longer than a week? What kind of mouse?

Logitech MX700 wireless. Not even the original batteries that came with it lasted me that long.

canon_A620
07-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Based on some test results I've seen, the eneloops seem to be better than the Hybrids, both in self-discharge rate and maintaining voltage under load.

Visual Reality
07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Off topic, but sort of on...Sanyo and Optima need to team up and make one badass car battery based on both of their technologies...I own both, Optima for the Trans Am and Sanyo's for my electronics and to see a low-discharge car battery with Optima power would be amazing.

wnc
07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
What I don't understand is that on the package of my rayovac hybrid kit it says it charges up to 2500mah but the batteries are only 2100mah. Does that mean someone could get 2500mah batteries and it will work with the charger?

So far the batteries seem to work very well. My kit came with a $5 rebate.
2 AAA and 6AA NiMH batteries with a charger for only 15$ after rebate is an very good deal IMO

bascom
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
What I don't understand is that on the package of my rayovac hybrid kit it says it charges up to 2500mah but the batteries are only 2100mah. Does that mean someone could get 2500mah batteries and it will work with the charger?
Sounds like it to me.