PDA

View Full Version : Got the Canon S3 IS

GailE
06-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Ok, I was so happy with the action shot that David Metsky showed me and there was a good deal on the S3 that I went with that. Saved me quite a bit and I think I will be very happy with it. Now, to read the instructions:eek:
If there are any tips that will help me decipher all this, PLEASE tell me!:D
The only digital I have ever used it my HP Photosmart I bought a long time ago. As I said I am in pretty unfamiliar territory now, so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks for any given!!!:)
Gail

XaiLo
06-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Congratulations and welome stop by in the Canon section and share some pics with us in the "Some S3 pics" thread. While in the Canon section you will notice a stick on top titled "DCRP Canon S2 IS Tip List" don't let the title fool you it covers the S2 as well as the S3 and the are plenty that deal with the specifics of the S3. And you'll find plenty of shooting tips in the "Some S3 pics" thread. happy shooting and see ya soon. :) :)

David Metsky
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of the S3. Now get out there and take pictures!

downtrodden
06-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Congrats on your purchase and hope to see you in the Canon forum soon!

The only advice i can give you is that practice makes... well.. better. Once you read your manual, take the camera out on a sunny day and just take pictures.. there are three numbers you want to play with and explore. the fraction- which is called Shutter Speed. the decimal number which is called Aperture and the ISO, which has it's own button. just play around with these three numbers and take as many pics as you can. remembering that you can always delete the ones you do not like and you'll never learn what these do unless you see how they change your picture.

GOODLUCK!

~Cory

downtrodden
06-28-2007, 01:40 AM
PS. working with os much may seem like a huge task at first, but once you play around for a couple hours, you'll have a great idea of what is going on and then can start to explore some of the other fun things the camera offers.