PDA

View Full Version : No Video

jason.red
06-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I need a good inexpensive digital camera that does not have video capturing abilities - only still photos. My price range is $100 or less. Any good ideas?

barb1686
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Less than $100? Wow. You are really limited there. Did you need the camera right away, cause if there's a chance you could save up more than $100 I definitely would. Anything $100 or less isn't going to be good quality. I'd at least try to go for $150.

I don't know anything about the cameras in that price range, but my suggestion is upping your price range, no offense. ;) My friend had one of those cheap Polaroid digital cameras (I think it was $100)...and unless you were taking a picture from across the room, the whole picture was washed out. Pretty useless.

Another option would be buying a camera off of eBay. If you feel comfortable doing that. Remember to look through the details, making sure it fully works, and to look at their feedback score.

Sorry I can't be of more help, good-luck! :)

flippedgazelle
06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Pretty tight budget, but doable. Check out Newegg.com and search for digital cameras under $100 - you'll come up with at least a dozen selections.

Also, check out the Sunday newspaper, as some stores may run a super-cheap cameras as sort of a loss leader, or if the camera is being discontinued. A couple of months ago I got a Fuji F650 for $99, plus a $30 mail-in rebate. Some careful searching on your part (check out the slickdeals.net forums) could lead you to a fruitful conclusion.

David Metsky
06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Nothing you buy for under $100 is going to be great. Don't forget to add in money for a memory card and AA NiMH rechargeable batteries.

Just curious, why the no video requirement? Nearly all cameras now have some video capability, even if it isn't very good.

jason.red
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm really not too worried about quality, in fact, I really need one that isn't too expensive so it doesn't get stolen. I'll be in Brazil. I'm not going as a tourist, and I'm not supposed to look like one. I'm not supposed to spend a lot of time photographing, so I was given the specifications to not take a camera with video abilities.
Thanks for the info so far!

tim11
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
If you can still find it get a run-out Canon A430 (4MP). Some shops might still have some. Kodak always have some sort of entry level camera for everyone, not all Kodaks are listed here.
All digital cameras, even the most crappy ones, now have videos. I guess it costs nothing to add this feature.

David Metsky
06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
You won't really be able to avoid cameras with video, so just don't use the feature.