PDA

View Full Version : P&S for kids and landscapes/wildlife

purist
06-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I would love a DSLR but....
I take a lot of kid pictures, I have 3. I also hike and backpack a lot, and love landscape and wildlife photography. To this point I have used a Canon PowerShot SD10. It has been a good camera, but is starting to give out after 5 years of heavy use. I have liked it though, and have taken some good photos with it, I'll post a couple.

What would you recommend?

The camera at the highest price range (300ish) I am considering is the Canon 800 IS. I love the wide angle for landscapes etc...

The other camera is the Fuji F30, as I hear it would be great for taking kid pictures indoors etc...though We are outside a lot in the bright Wyoming sky...

IS there a better option than these two? Which would you prefer.

coldrain
06-25-2007, 02:20 AM
The SD800 IS is smaller... the F31fd (followup of the F30) is better at higher ISO use. Both are very good cameras in their class, I would not know another camera you should look at in prefference of these two.

try them out both, and if size or higher ISO performance is not the crucial decision maker, look which colours you like best, and which menu/operation you find nicest to use.