PDA

View Full Version : Wooo, Hooooo !!!!!!

Bob_Benner
06-23-2007, 02:08 AM
After many months wishing for this setup I finally did it. I went to my local shop today and purchased my D200 and the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens. The D200 will be here on Monday but I came home and threw the lens on my D50 to see how it performs, WOW! The lens is unbelievable. This is my first time shooting with a VR lens and I am kind of sorry I waited so long to get one. The build quality of it is beautifull. I am still in disbelief that I made the purchase, I am so stoked. Can't wait to attach it to the D200 on Monday and head to the zoo, and then the county fair on Tuesday.

Rooz
06-23-2007, 02:47 AM
congrats...what a great setup. you are gonna love that VR lens. the build quality is first class, the sharpness is astonishing and the speed of the thing is mind boggling.

a word of warning though...you will get excited shooting at f2.8 and this can lead to alot of shots coming back really poorly focussed cos you have such a shallow DOF. try the 2.8 but stop it down to f5.6 or so and really be stunned at the clarity.

have fun tomorrow !! :D

rawpaw18
06-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Bob
Welcome to the vr club, 70-200 is quite a lens to behold.
D200 has me a bit jealous though.

XaiLo
06-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Bob, it's been a long time coming ;) awesome combo, awesome camera, and doubly awesome lens. VR is definately cool Bob hve fun and Happy Shooting. :)

VTEC_EATER
06-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes, the 70-200 is quite the lens, but you really have to be careful with focusing it. The slightest movement will send the lens to focus on the background, or something other than your subject. And its so damn fast that it will change focus in the time it takes to release the shutter. So just be careful when you start using it.

It is, however, an amazing lens. Sharp as a tack at every setting.

rawpaw18
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
but you really have to be careful with focusing it. The slightest movement will send the lens to focus on the background, or something other than your subject.

Glad to hear someone else has run into this, I thought I was alone. It has its own learning curve and zip code.

VTEC_EATER
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Glad to hear someone else has run into this, I thought I was alone. It has its own learning curve and zip code.

Yeah, I thought I accidentally left my focus setting on AF-C, but its set on AF-S. Just some strange characteristic of this lens.