PDA

View Full Version : $600, What to buy?

JonRay
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I have $600 to spend on a digital camera. I need something that's very easy to use, but great quality. It will be used for taking pictures of students/activites for my highschool yearbook.

We had a digital camera, but it didn't have auto focus, nor did display the picture you were about to take on the LCD screen. This camera will be used by students, and technologically challenged faculty, so it needs to be easy to use.

If you could list your top 3 picks, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

kgosden
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
I would probably look hard at the Panasonic 12x zoom cameras. You might even be able to purchase 2 of the older models for $600. The stabilized 12x zoom will allow you to photograph a variety of activities including some of your school sports.

speaklightly
06-22-2007, 05:23 PM
With the Fuji S-700 camera priced at around $(US) 200.00, it oftentimes gets ignored due to its low price. However, The Fuji S-700 camera is a very, very capable camera with a great flash system. It deserves a look IMHO. Besides, it can save some of your hard earned money. Doesn't everybody like to save money? Want to see some photo samples? Just go to the Fuji Folder right on this website and click on "S-700 Photos" you will be amazed!

Sarah Joyce

smartguy26
06-22-2007, 08:24 PM
take a look at the fujifilm s6000FD
its a superzoom (10x)
on one hand it lacks IS, but on the other hand it has excellent noise control for its class. its also a bit bigger than its competition (but its not really that big, at least for me)