PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Live Music Photography - What Camera?

liamthomson
06-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Hello all!

I have been researching buying a camera for quite a while but I just cannot seem to settle on the right choice.

Basically the top 4 I am considering are: Sony DSLR-A100, FUJI FinePix S9600, Canon 400D and the FUJI FinePix S6500fd.

I will be shooting Rock Bands of various different sizes in a Live Setting On-stage. This means low, unpredictable lighting, NO FLASH ALLOWED and a lot of movement.

I need a fast camera that can keep up with the action and never miss a beat but at the same time produce sharp, exciting images with no blur and no graininess in these conditions without using a flash of any sort (it is not allowed)

Please can you offer me some advice and recommendations on the above Cameras and any others you believe suitable?

Please see questionnaire below:

Budget

up to 600

Size

Not a huge concern, SLR perhaps?

Features

Both decent and able to handle the situation.

Do you care for manual controls?

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? Live Music and Fashion

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? Sometimes

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Yes

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? Yes, but this is secondary.

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? I like Fuji

Are there particular models you already have in mind? Sony DSLR-A100, FUJI FinePix S9600, Canon 400D and the FUJI FinePix S6500fd.

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) Hotshoe and Rotating would be great as would Stabilisation

Thanks!
Liam