faisal
06-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Budget
< $250

Size
compact fixed lens camera...[not ultra compact]

Features
6-7 MP

* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify) : Standard

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10) : 8

Do you care for manual controls? Not really, mostly Pictures to be taken in Auto mode

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? Taking pictures of kids, landscape pictures, indoor family party pictures, videos of special moments

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? 8x10 max.

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? yes, but don't care for low ISO coz the flash will be used. So a decent flash is a must

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? If you can count baby crawling, running around as action photo then yes

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? Nope, open to all

Are there particular models you already have in mind? I have seen a few panasonics

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) >2' screen, Image stabilaztion, Decent Flash, Fast startup [if possible], well built coz it needs to last for a few years at the minimum, preferred AA batteries, good auto mode, a viewfinder

This camera is basically for my sister who was planning to buy a N73 mobile but I've kinda convince her to get a good camera instead & a cheap mobile.
She's not gonna fiddle with any manual setting as she won't care as she wants to just point & shoot whatever she wants to.

I'm not going to go buy it for her, its her husband who is going to purchase it. So I won't be trying it out.....

She leaves for her vacation in a weeks time, so fast need advice urgently