PDA

View Full Version : Canon SD750 or Sony w80??

LeandroMP-
06-18-2007, 03:16 PM
i wanna buy a new digital camera, and i dont know which one of this 2 pick.
I really like sony's camera quality.. and i've trying the canon 550 and its good, but i dont know, i like more the sony's. (right now i have the W50).

But i like this desing from canon, and i'll been reading and this canon serie, its a pretty good camera (maybe better then the sony w80).

So.. i dont know..

LeandroMP-
06-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Can somebody help me please?
I really need help.

Here's a review about the SOny W90, is almost the same of the W80..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=URc2aeOyYIY

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot-DSCW80-Digital-Optical/dp/B000M4KXF6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8430903-5806359?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1182379603&sr=1-1

Canon 750.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000NK6J6Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-8430903-5806359?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1182379541&sr=1-1

Jonathan Gingerich
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Uh, you do realize this is a review site?:)

Perhaps the key is noting that the SD750 is essentially the SD1000 in a slightly larger package with a larger LCD and no viewfinder.

You can compare the summaries for the W80 and the SD1000. The head-to-head pros and cons are pretty clear.

JG

Gintaras
06-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Jonathan,
i was exaclty in your shoes a few months ago researching for a capable portable camera for family and for back-up on those days when I am lazy to cary a kilo of DSLR munitions sitting on my neck.... … after researching a lot I came to SD700IS for several reasons. While this is not slimmest smallest camera as 750 (or Casio) it does have optical viewfinder, it has brighter optic with 4x zoom (never underestimate optic factor), and importantly SD 700 has IS which means Image Stabilizer. The latter should not be underestimated and is a nice bonus here.

Also, as SD700 is older model (but still better than SD newer models IMHO and opinions of reviewers) may be you can get yours cheaper on sale ...i got two SD700 copies (actually took one for me and other for my sister to replace her Sony) for about 60% of original price in downtown shop.

I can say that of Sony compacts I have seen very few in action, but what I saw produced pleasing photos (a bit too saturated though)... what I did not like though was too digital look of photos, simply a bit too much. also Sony, like Nikon likes REDS... though not as badly as Nikons P&S cameras... Canon is more neutral here on colors and gives a smoother look to pixs... also believe it or not but low light shooting with SD700 is great, i can squeeze surprisingly clear crisp photos out of this small body... something difficult to do with Sony compacts (as i had to mess around with Sony of my sister once in a while).:rolleyes:

PS: BUT... as some reviewers say, do not trust my word, go to a shop and put your hands on cameras of your choice... then might be you can say which one is yours.:p

and as i reside in Europe here SD 700IS is called Ixus 800IS (never could understand why Canon keeps this funny label policy)