PDA

View Full Version : Fuji F31fd OR Nikon P5000

ADIRVING
06-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Need a point and shoot for times when I don't want to bring my Nikon D40. Will be taking pictures of my daughter. Indoors and out. So many bad reviews on how slow the P5000 is is making me lean toward the Fuji...any opinions?

sjseto
06-16-2007, 06:55 AM
The F31 is a very capable camera and is generally faster than the P5000 in areas like focusing and shot-to-shot times. Focusing time does increase, though, under low light conditions and when the lens is at full telephoto, but this is pretty normal amongst compact cameras. It will not perform like your D40 or any other DSLR, but as long as you don't expect that, I think you'll be pleased with it. I use the F30 as a compact companion to my D80 (although I got the F30 first) and I've been very happy with it. One word of advice, though: Don't use auto ISO, as the camera tends to choose ISO's that are higher than are really necessary. Choosing the ISO manually will give you better results.

Stephanie

Roscal
06-16-2007, 07:13 PM
F31fd gets my vote as well. It the best in its class. It might be a simple camera but its sensor is unrivaled. Great camera.