PDA

View Full Version : Which Nikon?

allspiritseve
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I have been looking around for the best Nikon camera for my budget, and have settled on either the P3 or the P5000. The P5000 is a little more than I'd like to pay, and I prefer the body of the P3. They both have gotten pretty good reviews, though I've seen a lot of complaints about "soft" photos. My question is, which should I buy? Are the improvements in the P5000 good enough to merit spending a little more?

Thanks,

Cory

timmciglobal
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't buy a nikon P&S they aren't that great. Why do you want one?

Tim

allspiritseve
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Why wouldn't you buy one?

As far as my reasons, I have heard great things about Nikon as a brand, know several people with nikon p+s and dslr's that take some great photos. I would like to move to a digital slr at some point in the future, and would like to get a good compact for now.

timmciglobal
06-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Because they don't make that great P&S. As far as features go and image quality they are no better then average. Digital SLR's different world with nikon and in top 2 brands.

As far as size P5000 size your looking for? Consider G7? A710 IS?

Do you shoot more low light? More flash? Fuji makes best P&S's for low light no flash, G7 has a shoe which is a great feature (430EX bounced @ iso 100 produce great results)

Tim

Rooz
06-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Why wouldn't you buy one?

As far as my reasons, I have heard great things about Nikon as a brand, know several people with nikon p+s and dslr's that take some great photos. I would like to move to a digital slr at some point in the future, and would like to get a good compact for now.

dslr's are another matter. a while ago nikon did used to make very good P/S like the 5700 and 8700. but right now i don't think any of the compacts they make are class leading in any way. the fuji f30/ 31 and canon ixus range are better compact alternatives imo.