PDA

View Full Version : Which camera should I get?

troajnfromtroy
06-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi
I dont know much about digital camera
I want to buy one from these three

1)Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 10.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Anti Shake Optical Zoom

2)Sony Cybershot DSC-N2 10.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom

3)Sony Cybershot DSC-T100 8.1MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom
and Super Steady Shot

Which one should I buy?

Thanks
Hardik

kgosden
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
How about a little direction on what you want to take photos of? What made you narrow it to these three?

troajnfromtroy
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I am already using casio exilim 8.1 MP, 3 Optical zoom
And I am totaly satisfied with it
Now I am looking to get another one for my brother
I am looking for slick camera, which can easily be in the pocket
I looked for these slick camera, and i like cybershot and exilim the best
then i was looking form MP and Optical and my bdget (around 350) and I figured out these three are good in all the criteria I mentioned above
What do you suggest? Which one should I buy?

kgosden
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, in small cameras the MP increase is probably more problem than benefit. On such small sensors the MP increase seems to drastically reduce image quality at higher ISO's. It is also likely that the little lenses in those cameras are no where near as capable in resolution as the sensor. With that out of the way I would take a camera with mechanical stabilization over one without. And while I like Sony products I dislike their decision to use their own media format. It pisses me off about Olympus as well, but at least they are smart enough on their big cameras to have a CF option.

I would lean towards the 3rd Sony. Since I would get over the Memory Stick issue to gain a little extra lens range. And it does have Steady Shot which works fairly well.